Brown-Forman Market Manager - DC in District of Columbia, District Of Columbia
Position Title: Market Manager, DC
Business Area: NARS
Location: Washington, DC or surrounding city
Reports to: State Manager
Partners with: Distributor, Key Customer Contacts, Field Marketing Managers, Territory Finance Manager, Commercial Specialist, Territory Portfolio Manager
• Assumes leadership role in understanding, developing and implementing key customer initiatives.
• Creates customer focused win-win initiatives that enhance BF and customer profitability.
• Establish positive customer rapport at all levels in all assigned accounts and conducts business performance reviews in accordance with achieving customer plans.
• Establish and develop strong relationships with distributor sales teams including sales representatives and sales management.
• Conduct routine distributor work-with appointments to provide a curbside coaching environment on B-F brands and selling techniques as well as take advantage of distributor trade relationships and opportunities.
• Provides annual customer overview for brand teams
• Manages the execution of National/Regional programs through distributor account teams.
• Work to encompass the development of on/off premise brand building plans that are successfully executed through the distributor/broker region. Brand responsibility includes the entire BF portfolio.
• Champions the on-premise effort in winning at the point of purchase, by building lasting trade relationship and working unusual hours including late nights and weekends.
• Collaborates with multiple divisional contacts consisting of sales team, brand team, Field Marketing Manager, Territory Portfolio Manager, Field Commercial Manager, Customer account manager
• Connects with multiple external contacts including the distributor, retailers, bartenders, wait staff, promotion agencies and consumers.
Must have Requirements:
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years industry experience and/or 4 years sales experience in a consumer products industry.
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with distributor, accounts and all internal stakeholders.
• Demonstrated strong coaching and sales training skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of on- and off-premise business and three-tier distribution system
• Team player: Able to put the needs of the overall Brown-Forman business above the specific needs of the territory or team. Seeks out opportunities to collaborate with leaders in other channels and territories. Keeps relevant parties informed of activity and seeks similar behavior from the area team.
• Literate with spreadsheet programs (such as Excel & Google), word processing programs (such as Word), presentation programs (such as PowerPoint) and communication programs (such as G-Mail).
• Must have valid state driver’s license.
• Physical ability to lift 60 pounds. #AP 1
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Sales
City: District of Columbia
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt