Brown-Forman Lead Customer & Logistics Coordinator in Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Job Description Summary
Customer Service Provision – Provide best in class customer service to include the organising, coordinating and managing demand to support the delivery of the Commercial and Operational goals whilst meeting customer expectation.
Team work/Relationship Building/Positive Interpersonal Skills – Develops and maintains ongoing working relationships with others through positive interaction and mutual support and respect.
Personal Initiative – Takes prompt action to accomplish work goals; takes action to achieve results beyond what is required; works proactively.
Continuous Learning - Has a personal interest in increasing knowledge and skill when circumstances call for additional learning.
Decision Making skills – Can identify problems and opportunities. Gathers and interprets information that helps to generate new or improved approaches.
Attention to Detail/Quality Orientation – Accomplishes tasks by showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; is watchful to ensure high quality output of work.
Planning and organizing –Able to set priorities and establish timelines to accomplish work tasks; able to meet tight deadlines and multitask when required.
Comprehensive understanding of International Customer Service and Supply Chain processes and procedures
Strong Commercial Acumen
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong IT skills (ERP, E-Customs systems and MS Outlook)
Knowledge in all areas of Import, Export, UK Excise regime and compliance, with a particular focus on Vatted Malt Supply
Previous Drinks Industry experience essential
Vatted Sales Service
· Service Provision for all Vatted Sales Customers from enquiry/order receipt to confirming pricing, incoterms, payment terms, spirit availability, continuity of supply, provision of pro-forma invoice (where required), co-ordination of load dates with Distillery and customer compliance with the Spirits Drinks Verification scheme.
· Negotiation of bulk tanker and container freight rates for Vatted Export Sales ensuring accurate freight and insurance pricing is built in to Vatted Sales quotations.
· Provision of Logistical Support across all areas of Customer Operations and Logistics to incorporate but not limited to:
· Cask Imports – monitoring all Container movements of Empty Sherry and Bourbon Barrel imports from Spain/USA, tracking the loading, shipment, import clearance, invoice receipt, timely booking in of all loads with relevant delivery point and issuing regular tracker documents to key stakeholders.
· Receipt and processing of orders from Contract Bottling Customers, ensuring timely stock availability in line with Customer’s uplift requirements
· Preparation of all relevant despatch documents for the removal of stock from finished goods warehouse in line with HMRC and SOLAS regulatory requirements
· Administration pertaining to daily W5D/ Deferred Duty Payments, recording of all duty warrants and weekly reconciliation against HMRC Duty Statements.
· Providing cover for Cased and Bulk customer transactions for designated markets from order receipt through order processing, stock allocation, pricing, production, despatch, shipping, invoicing and beyond.
· Timely processing and swift execution of Sample and POS orders preparing relevant despatch documentation and ensuring most cost effective means of transport in line with delivery requirements.
· Co-ordination of UK and International Transportation ensuring all aspects of security, insurance and Movement Guarantee usage are in line with company protocols
· Regular liaison with Production Team, Distilleries, Regional Development Managers, Finance and Regular liaison with external stakeholders such as Forwarding Agents, Chamber of Commerce and HMRC.
· Alert Logistics Manager of any issues arising which may impact service provision by the Department.
· Supports the Logistics Manager with project work and adhoc requests
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Country: United Kingdom
Req Type: Exempt