Brown-Forman Market Manager, Jack Daniel's South Texas in Houston, Texas
Business Area: NAR Sales
Location: Houston, TX
Position Title: Market Manager, Jack Daniel’s Family of Brands – S. TX
Reports to: State Manager, Indep/On Premise - Texas
Partners with: Territory Portfolio Manager, Field Marketing Managers, Territory Finance Manager, Local Brown-Forman Sales teams, Customer Account Manager, Brand Teams, and Agency Partners (Greenhouse/Hive)
Key Account & Consumer Development – 60%
• Establish positive customer rapport in assigned accounts and with key distributor sales personnel.
• Sell-in and execute National Brand Programs and assist in the development of Regional Programs in assigned accounts.
• Collaborate with FMM or TPM to develop local programming that best fits consumer's needs.
• Execute sponsorship or partnership activation that is within assigned accounts.
• Lead the agency teams to activate brand and account goals.
• Collaborate with key distributor contacts (Whiskey Ambassadors, Mixologists, Key Account Sales) to drive Jack Daniel’s Family of Brands (JD FOB) focus and execution in key accounts.
• Champions the effort in winning at the point of purchase, by building lasting trade relationship and working unusual hours including late nights and weekends
Events, Education & Training – 25%
• Ensures appropriate targeting and coordination of BF presence at large-scale consumer and trade whiskey events in region
• Trains and educates distributor and agency partners on JD FOB portfolio.
• Participate in Distributor Sales Meetings, as needed to support brands.
• Plans and coordinates distillery representative market visits.
• Facilitates Jack Daniel’s Home Place visits for market customers and guests.
Planning & Evaluation – 15%
• Share Best Practices from local activation and communicate competitive intelligence.
• Manage priorities and assigned budgeting to deliver desired goals in key accounts.
• Monitors JD FOB performance with the expectation of exceeding market segment trends.
• Partners with B-F Field Marketing, Multicultural Teams and/or Brand teams as required.
• Connects with multiple external contacts including the distributor, retailers, bartenders, wait staff, promotion agencies (Greenhouse/Hive) and consumers.
• Participate in on-going planning meetings with internal and external stakeholders as required.
• Manage and maintain budget.
Must have Requirements:
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years industry experience and/or 4 years sales experience in a consumer products industry (Beverage Alcohol Industry preferred).
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors, accounts, and all internal stakeholders.
• Demonstrated knowledge of three-tier distribution system.
• Team player: Able to put the needs of the overall Brown-Forman business above the specific needs of the territory or team. Seeks out opportunities to collaborate with leaders in other channels and territories. Keeps relevant parties informed of activity and seeks similar behavior from the area team.
• Literate with word processing programs (such as Word), spreadsheet programs (such as Excel), and presentation programs (such as PowerPoint).
• Must have valid state driver’s license.
• Must be able and willing to travel (by air and car) 15-20% of the time
• Physical ability to lift 60 pounds. #Herradura #AP 1
Brown-Forman, founded in 1870, is a diversified producer and marketer of fine quality beverage alcohol brands. Headquartered in Louisville, KY, Brown-Forman currently employs about 4,000 people and has offices or facilities in 30 cities across the globe. Starting in the mid-1950s, the company began a series of acquisitions that would place it among the top 10 largest spirits companies in the world, selling its brands in more than 135 countries across the globe. These include many of the most well-known and best-loved wines and spirits brands, including Jack Daniel’s, Finlandia Vodka, Old Forester, Woodford Reserve, Herradura and el Jimador Tequilas, and Korbel champagnes. For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Sales
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt