Brown-Forman Control States Channel Manager in Louisville, Kentucky
Business Area: NAR Sales
Location: Louisville, KY
Position Title: Control States Channel Manager
Reports To: VP, Director Control States
Partners with: Field Sales Leaders, Finance, Marketing, Sales & Marketing Integration & Execution Team, Customer & Channel Development Group
Partners with VP, Director Control States Channel to provide leadership to Control States environment. Provides marketing insights and sales guidance to Control States Channel, translating insights into actions. Partners with brand teams, finance and sales groups to provide tailored information and expertise that moves our brands forward and puts our sales teams in positions to succeed with key trade partners.
Planning & Analysis
• Partners with VP Control States Channel Director, Divisions, and Pricing teams to design and implement pricing strategies, tactics, and schedules that may be unique to control states.
• Provides support to field teams to identify and capitalize on business opportunities through the development of sales programs. Devotes considerable time and effort into identifying new SKU opportunities and developing fact-based selling stories for use with Liquor Board decision makers.
• Monitors competitive and Brown-Forman sales trends in markets across the country in an effort to identify emerging and/or high potential categories/segments such as product categories (Rye whiskey, super premium bourbons and Tennessee whiskey, flavored tequilas or vodkas), package segments, or price groups.
• Drives “Back to Basics” execution and the BF Way of Selling – helps guide the development and evaluation of local Brand/Channel control state plans and merchandising/promotional standards.
• Active analysis and reporting of Control States Channel trends and insights.
Collaboration & Communication
• Collaborates across marketing, finance, sales, and supply chain to insure the unique characteristics of the Control States wholesale, retail, and consumer environments are duly considered in the development and execution of marketing and sales strategies and programs.
• Partner with CCD as connection point for On Premise chain business in control states. Ensuring communication, tracking and collaboration of key initiatives and programs
• Collaborates with Control States Channel Category Manager to develop and implement category management strategies within the channel.
• Educates key internal stakeholders on Control Market issues, opportunities and special needs (e.g. the “windows of opportunity” for new item introductions).
• Leads the effort to educate B-F personnel on the intricacies of the Control markets by leading the teaching of the Control States 101 course and by constantly seeking to update and improve the course.
• Develops and edits the Monthly Control States Newsletter, collaborating with key stakeholders to develop content that shares analytics, insights and key information that helps educate, inform, and champion the control states.
Control States Leadership
• Standing member of Brown-Forman’s Control State Advisory Council (CSAC). Consults with CSAC Chair and Vice-Chairs on topic selection for meetings and acts as liaison to secure participation of Brands, Legal, Finance, other departments in semi-annual meetings.
• Serves as a key resource to Brown-Forman through marketing representation at NABCA Conferences.
• Responsible for the management of control states broker commissions, yearly contracts, and bonuses.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree plus 7-9 years mixture of sales/marketing and financial/analytical experience (Beverage Alcohol Industry preferred), or 13-15 years of years equivalent experience within Beverage Alcohol Industry
• Demonstrated knowledge of US three-tier system, Control States environment preferred (laws and regulations, industry marketing codes, and company policy)
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all staff levels within company and business partners.
• Excellent oral and written communicator.
• Action-oriented: Responds in a timely and effective manner to business issues and opportunities.
• Highly organized: capable of meeting multiple deadlines and juggling multiple projects.
• Literate with Nielsen and NABCA Reporting, word processing programs (such as Word), spreadsheet programs (such as Excel), and presentation programs (such as PowerPoint), and BF systems (Price Structure, Sales Planning Tools).
• Must be able and willing to travel (by air and car) up to 30% of the time.#Herradura #AP 1
Brown-Forman, founded in 1870, is a diversified producer and marketer of fine quality beverage alcohol brands. Headquartered in Louisville, KY, Brown-Forman currently employs about 4,000 people and has offices or facilities in 30 cities across the globe. Starting in the mid-1950s, the company began a series of acquisitions that would place it among the top 10 largest spirits companies in the world, selling its brands in more than 135 countries across the globe. These include many of the most well-known and best-loved wines and spirits brands, including Jack Daniel’s, Finlandia Vodka, Old Forester, Woodford Reserve, Herradura and el Jimador Tequilas, and Korbel champagnes. For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Sales
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt