Brown-Forman Margin Analytics & Optimization Manager in Louisville, Kentucky
Business Area: NAR Sales
Location: Louisville, KY
Position Title: Margin Analytics & Optimization Manager
Reports To: RTC Operations & Economics Manager and Global Revenue & Pricing Director
• Expand Brown-Forman’s ability to understand, influence, guide, and monitor the entire value chain (supplier, distributor, trade) financial performance.
• Expand knowledge and influence around distributor margins, channel service value levels, and the impact of pricing and discounting decisions.
• Research, analyze, identify, recommend and facilitate process improvements related to value chain analysis. Implement new functionality and improvements by utilizing integrated systems and information where appropriate. Work closely with RTC, Finance and IT to advance our systems, tools, data integration and processes to create consistency and transparency to margins throughout the value chain.
• Partners closely with Pricing Analytics & Optimization Manager to ensure alignment on overall pricing, revenue and margin management optimization efforts.
Distributor & Channel Margin Analytics
• Lead modeling of channel cost to serve by state type methodology
• Partners with key stakeholders and in-market resources in conducting key state reviews of margin management.
• Analyze distributor margins, benchmark, and lead distributor margin optimization.
• Analyze distributor financial motivation and alignment with B-F financial objectives.
• Provide support for distributor and broker agreements – best practices.
• Provide support and enhance market assessment methodology and analysis.
Market Programming by Channel
• Coach TFMs and DAMs in developing local price modeling for key markets and channels.
• Review and develop approval methodology and tools for channel programming to support local finance teams.
o Evaluating the effectiveness of channel discount programs and discussing potential changes (if needed) with the Territory/State Sales Managers.
o Evaluating the effectiveness of in-market programs that affect distribution, velocity, and trade inventories for each brand and channel level. Measure results versus goals, and determine quality of implementation. As appropriate recommend courses of action.
Pricing Planning & Governance
• Partner with Pricing Analytics & Optimization Manager during pricing guidelines development.
• Participate in pricing alignment meetings.
• Ensure margin management strategies align with pricing and discounting strategies in partnership with Pricing Analytics & Optimization Manager.
• Partner with Pricing Analytics & Optimization Manager to develop tracking and visibility of pricing and discounting (including ongoing changes), ensuring transparency across division, CCD and brand teams.
• Provide tool and analytics to understand the full value chain impact of pricing scenarios during planning process.
Data, Systems and Reporting
• Evaluate existing data sources and systems for relevance, synergies and recommended uses for value chain analysis. Recommend tools/models/solutions that integrate appropriate data sources to create visibility to all layers of the value chain.
• Partner with IT and other relevant functions to develop reporting tools, using and enhancing current solutions and/or merging them with new potential solutions, enabling information to be used in analysis and direction around value chain management.
• Key lead for commercial functions on the evaluation and recommendation of various value chain related IT solutions, including but not limited to, a price structure system, an automated discounting invoice processing system, development of DDI reporting accuracy, etc..
• Act as project manager to roll out systems to the commercial functions, pulling in necessary subject matter experts, providing training, ensuring post roll-out adoption, and driving continuous improvement of tools post roll-out. Participate in design and testing of tools.
• Provide leadership in ensuring consistent use of systems and processes in the margin management area.
• Use these tools to analyze layers of the value chain and provide recommendations to optimize revenue, margin, and profitability.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration plus 5-8 years’ experience with financial analytics; or equivalent education experience combination.
• Exposure to pricing analytics from supplier cost, through multi-tiered route market, to consumer-facing price.
• Demonstrated ability for revenue management modeling.
• Involvement in distributor pricing in a multi-tiered route to market.
• Proven ability to independently organize work projects. Collect, analyze data and present results in a concise actionable format.
• Ability to communicate complex issues in concise, clear manner.
• Ability to independently plan and prioritize multiple diverse work.
• Ability to work in a high pressure environment, meets deadlines, and simultaneously develops, deploy and coordinate multiple projects.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills; able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of internal and external contacts.
• Demonstrated ability and knowledge of various software packages, particularly Microsoft Excel, SAP, and data visualization software.
• Personal honesty and integrity.
• Hard worker with ability to work flexible schedule to meet deadlines.
• MBA plus 2-4 years related work experience
• Experience with pricing software and data sources (Vistex, Nielsen, Vistaar, etc)
• Beverage alcohol industry experience #Herradura #AP 1
Brown-Forman, founded in 1870, is a diversified producer and marketer of fine quality beverage alcohol brands. Headquartered in Louisville, KY, Brown-Forman currently employs about 4,000 people and has offices or facilities in 30 cities across the globe. Starting in the mid-1950s, the company began a series of acquisitions that would place it among the top 10 largest spirits companies in the world, selling its brands in more than 135 countries across the globe. These include many of the most well-known and best-loved wines and spirits brands, including Jack Daniel’s, Finlandia Vodka, Old Forester, Woodford Reserve, Herradura and el Jimador Tequilas, and Korbel champagnes. For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Sales
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt