Brown-Forman NAR Strategy and Trade Relations Coordinator in Louisville, Kentucky
Position Title: NAR Strategy and Trade Relations Coordinator
Business Area: North America Region
Location: Louisville, KY
Reports to: VP, Chief of Staff and VP, Director Route to Consumer and Sales Operations
This position provides overall general administrative support to VP, Chief of Staff and VP, Director Route to Consumer and Sales Operations and their teams as appropriate. This position provides support in the planning and management of large-scale meetings and events, internal and external. The role manages projects to maximize trade relations initiatives with distributor/broker partners and alcohol beverage trade associations. Additionally, the coordinator provides support for trade advertising, charitable donations, and distributor relations.
General Administrative Duties
• Execute administrative duties. Advise/Assist with travel, hotel, calendar, expenses and scheduling.
o Active management of calendars and meeting invitations.
o Manage travels arrangements and meeting preparations for managers.
o Provide Louisville admin support for SVP, Sales Director as needed
o Processes invoices and expenses for managers, consultants and periodically the SVP, Sales Director
• Lead in the set-up and attend leadership and staff meetings, including NAR Leadership Team (NLT) meetings, NAR Extended Leadership Team (NELT) meetings, Sales Leadership meetings, Route to Consumer (RTC) team meetings and NAR Rights & Responsibility (R&R) meetings.
o Coordinate calendar invitations, agenda communication, meeting notes and follow-up items
o Set-up of video conference as necessary
• Provide ideas on continuous improvement across planning and planning tools.
• Review and manage monthly SG&A budgets and advise of any concerns or overages
Trade Relations Coordinator
• Organizes and evaluates trade spend recommendations that arise throughout the fiscal year from field and BF Nashville.
• Trade Advertising: Coordinate budget by working with the Brand teams and State managers to ensure we are on strategy for all trade communications (Trade, Impact, etc.). Implements publication of Ad ensuring publication Deadlines are met, and Graphica and Art work are correct.
• Travels as needed with assigned meeting planner for site selection and advance planning and set up for larger sales meetings.
• Receives and helps evaluate proposals for NAR corporate donations. Monitors and processes approved NAR Corporate donations/charity requests and works to ensure field is aware and leverages where possible.
• Charities & Corporate Donations: Manage Charity budget and coordinates payment. In conjunction with management determines investment levels, cultural fit to BF, ensures proper internal and external documentation and assists with event details as needed.
• Works closely with Lead Operations Manager on budget reporting for Trade Relations.
• Assists in overseeing field budget and works closely with BF Nashville and print vendors to follow trade advertising schedule to insure correct placements are made that leverage Brown-Forman brand opportunities.
Meetings and Events Support
• Handles/processes complex and sensitive correspondence.
• Flexible to help manage special projects and assignments as needed
• Manages NAR Distributor Directory and its updating through divisions and groups. Ensures timely access to those requiring it.
• Manages meeting budgets for NAR Home Office and Sales leadership
• Works jointly with Meeting and Planning group to help plan, implement, and execute:
o Distributor Growth Conference
o Derby Incentive
o Road to 150 Events
o Sinatra Classic
o BF-NAR Meetings or Special Events
• In conjunction with Legal group, position ensures NAR Sales licenses and permits are valid and remain current across all states.
• Coordinate and manage team development days as appropriate
Must have Requirements:
Education/Experience: Associates degree and 2-3 years of administrative or office management experience, or 5-6 years of administrative or office management experience.
• Positive / can do attitude focused on support of the wider team
• Ability to work proactively and independently. Be able to execute responsibilities with planning and organization in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment. Ability to organize/complete multiple projects with limited direction; and perform work with accuracy and attention to detail amidst frequent interruptions.
• Demonstrated ability to accurately and efficiently handle and prioritize heavy workload in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail and deadlines.
• Excellent skills to exercise initiative, good judgment, discretion and maturity in response to requests for data, issues resolutions and the ability to handle confidential information and documents.
• Demonstrated proficiency at an intermediate level using Microsoft office (including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word) and have the ability to perform data entry with minimum error rate. Ability and willingness to learn additional software packages as required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and to develop and maintain effective work relationships with all levels of personnel which include internal and external clients.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and/or overtime to meet all deadlines.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills. Must be able to compose written communications both independently and from rough drafts and work effectively with others via telephone.
• Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism and courtesy in performing administrative duties and communicating with the team, field personnel, and external communications.
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently handle and prioritize heavy workload in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail and deadlines.
• Ability to apply basic mathematical and analytic skills.
• Knowledge and ability to perform with minimal supervision general office functions such as filing, organizing, dictation, typing and scheduling.
• Ability and willingness to travel, including overnight and weekends (10-15%).
• Past administrative support for executive level directors
• Alcohol Beverage industry experience
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Sales
Country: United States
Req Type: Non-exempt