Brown-Forman Operations Business Analyst in Louisville, Kentucky
Position Title: RTC Operations Business Analyst
Business Area: Route to Consumer/Sales Operations
Location: Louisville, KY
Reports to: Manager, Distributor Capabilities and Performance
This position functions as the analytical professional for Route To Consumer (RTC)/ Sales Operations leadership. The position’s primary responsibility is as a strategic partner to the RTC/Sales Operations team as well as the Director of RTC/Sales Operations in areas such as performance management and evaluation; market structure type performance, competitive supplier, market share analysis, and overall distributor performance/measurement through the Territory Performance System (TPS) process. The successful candidate will help develop and support route to consumer strategy through timely and actionable analysis and counsel to the RTC team and North America Region (NAR) sales leadership with the goal of constantly adding value to NAR overall performance.
Strategic Analysis (30%)
Serve as a strategic analytical partner to the Route to Consumer team. Statistically analyze and model the sales performance of NAR RTC Models and overall distributor network.
● Analyze the components that drive distributor margin, market share and profitability, identify opportunities to enhance gross profit margin and ROI improvement.
● Consolidate and integrate competitive portfolio and activity into meaningful insights to identify potential opportunities and threats to NAR and communicate to the extended NAR leadership team any implications for route to consumer and market strategies.
● Develop and provide management reports on a monthly basis (TPS Scorecard reporting, Distributor Margin work, Distributor Market Share Modeling; Distributor Family Reporting)
● Drive and carry out performance and financial analysis that tracks and supports the various RTC strategic initiatives and projects.
o Includes providing thoughtful analytics to influence and support overall evaluation, investment and value enhancing strategies for ongoing RTC projects as well as new initiatives. (RTD RTC considerations, Control States dynamics, NPD, etc)
Ad Hoc Projects (20%)
Work with RTC, NAR Sales and Finance leadership on ad hoc projects to support the evaluation and understanding of potential changes in NAR competitive landscape and impact on NAR route to consumer strategy as it relates to BF Portfolio, Sales regions, and channel segments.
● Example: Competitive suppliers’ analysis
Territory Performance System (25%)
Provide national support for the TPS process.
● Proactively review process, solicit feedback and identify opportunities for business process and value improvement.
● Analyze problem areas and help identify recommended solutions.
● Work closely and collaboratively with the NAR Reporting teams to provide comprehensive analytic tools and reporting templates to support evaluation of territory level distributor performance, market share analysis, and brand.
● Provide current tracking and analysis of competitive supplier and distributor family alignments and historical moves.
Administer and provide supporting reporting models and analysis for integrated distributor performance programs including Pay for Performance and Distributor Incentive programs
● Examples: TPS Scorecards, BF150 Incentives, Distributor and Broker of the Year reporting.
Must have Requirements:
Education/Experience: A bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business or other business related degree and 4-6 years related business and/or financial experience (commercial, brand and/or consumer-based analysis); or equivalent experience. Experience in advanced statistical tools and analytical modeling.
● Proactive self – starter with the intellectual curiosity to go looking for relevant questions to be answered.
● Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in financial modeling and analysis.
● Demonstrated ability to lead projects with cross-functional teams to meet consensus goals.
● Demonstrated oral and written communication skills with ability to discuss financial strategies and translate into actionable plans
● Ability to independently plan and prioritize multiple diverse work projects within the department
● Demonstrated ability and knowledge of various software packages, particularly Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SAP (statistical packages).
● Working knowledge of consumer and commercial data resources including Nielsen, SAMII, Spectra, Adview, etc.
● MBA or other advanced management degree
● Roles associated with distributor management
● Industry experience #Herradura #AP 1
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Sales
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt