Brown-Forman Temporary Roundsperson in Louisville, Kentucky
• Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food
• Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables
• Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients
• Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist
• Prepare cold foods, including desserts
• Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers
• Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently. Monitor food quality while preparing food
• Set-up and break down work station
• Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacles
• Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment
• Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food
Ability to perform these duties in each of the kitchen food stations:
• Prep/Food Runner, Sous Chef, Executive Chef, Chef Garde and Dishwasher, as needed
• Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures
• Report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to supervisor
• Complete safety training and sanitation certifications
• Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets
• Speak with others using clear and professional language
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees
• Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors
• Ability to work flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends
Active driver’s license
2 years kitchen experience in Fine Dining Restaurant
Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
5 years kitchen experience in Fine Dining Restaurant or equivalent establishment
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Corporate Services
Country: United States
Req Type: Non-exempt