Brown-Forman Manager, Jack Daniel’s FOB - Northern CA in San Francisco, California
Business Area: NAR Sales
Location: San Francisco, CA
Position Title: Manager, Jack Daniel’s FOB - Northern CA
Reports to: Territory Manager
Partners with: Territory Portfolio Managers, JD Field Marketing Manager, JD Brand Integration Director, Territory Finance Manager, BF State Managers, Local Brown-Forman On/Off teams, Customer Account Manager, Brand Teams, and Multicultural Marketing Teams (Division and National)
Partners with and aligns goals: Three JDFOB Greenhouse GAMs and SF Greenhouse JD FOB Brand Ambassadors
Jack Daniel’s Family of Brands Leadership - Trade & Team Development
• Serves as lead on all Jack Daniel’s Family of Brands (JD FOB) initiatives for Northern California, collaborating with Field Marketing, distributor and B-F Sales teams.
• Assumes leadership role in understanding, developing and implementing key JD FOB consumer initiatives within Northern California.
• Partners with Southern California JD FOB Manager in the development of a JD FOB strategy for California. Focus on top accounts and business opportunities to support California strategic imperatives.
• Partners with Agency and Distributor teams to lead the execution of JD FOB strategy within Northern California.
• Serves as local “thought leader” for JD FOB initiatives in California.
• Serves as premium whiskey consultant to West Division, sharing insights and best practices
• Participates on NAW FMM calls, representing CA and the West Division
• Responsible for training and leading a JD FOB team across Northern California
• Responsible for developing Northern California Trade advocacy strategy and using our agency assets to assist execution
Events, Education & Training
• Leads a team to ensure appropriate targeting and coordination of BF presence at various consumer and trade whiskey events in Northern California
• Works with Field Marketing and Greenhouse to identify B-F JD FOB Public Relations opportunities and coordinates with Jack Daniel’s Brand Team.
• Trains and educates distributor and agency partners on Jack Daniel’s FOB.
• Conducts routine distributor work-with appointments to provide a curbside coaching environment on B-F brands and selling techniques as well as takes advantage of distributor trade relationships and opportunities.
• With Greenhouse Management, sets appropriate goals for Greenhouse team that are aligned with Channel Managers and BDMs against business/consumer initiatives, conducting staff trainings and consumer tastings.
• Develop and execute ongoing training platform for Northern California distributor dedicated team
• Plans and coordinates distillery representative market visits.
• Facilitates Jack Daniel’s Home Place visits for market customers and guests.
• Shares best practices across West Division and leads Jack Daniel’s FOB training during division meetings when needed
Planning & Evaluation
• Creates customer focused win-win initiatives that enhance B-F and customer profitability.
• Monitors JD FOB performance with the expectation of exceeding market segment trends.
• Partners with State Managers, Channel Managers, B-F Field Marketing, Multicultural Teams and/or JD Brand team as required.
• Connects with multiple external contacts including the distributor, retailers, bartenders, wait staff, promotion agencies and consumers.
• Participates in on-going planning meetings with internal and external stakeholders as required.
• Manages and maintains budget.
Must have Requirements:
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree plus 3-5 years sales experience (Beverage Alcohol Industry preferred) or 5-7 years sales experience (Beverage Alcohol Industry preferred).
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors, accounts, and all internal stakeholders.
• Demonstrated knowledge of three-tier distribution system.
• Team player: Able to put the needs of the overall Brown-Forman business above the specific needs of the territory or team. Seeks out opportunities to collaborate with leaders in other channels and territories. Keeps relevant parties informed of activity and seeks similar behavior from the area team.
• Literate with word processing programs (such as Word), spreadsheet programs (such as Excel), and presentation programs (such as PowerPoint).
• Must have valid state driver’s license.
• Physical ability to lift 60 pounds. #AP 1
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Sales
City: San Francisco
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt