Brown-Forman Commercial Manager - GA in Savannah, Georgia
Position Title: Commercial Manager
Business Area: NARS
Location: Savannah, GA
Reports to: State Manager
Partners with: Distributor, Key Customer Contacts, Local Brown-Forman Sales teams, Territory Portfolio Manager, Field Marketing Managers, Territory Finance Manager, Customer Account Manager, and Territory Finance Manager
Distributor & Agency Management
• Develops the brand building plans for the distributor sales teams and ensures they have the tools and capabilities required to successfully execute in the market
• Leads Distributor Sales Meetings (Sales Direction and Training)
• Partners with BF National/Regional distributor account teams to ensure execution of trade programs.
• Oversees the promotional execution of brands in the market place (inclusive of promotional agency management)
• Manages agency headcount (1) that is focused on building targeted brands with the trade and consumers
• Assumes leadership role in understanding, developing and implementing key customer initiatives.
• Establishes positive customer rapport at all levels in all assigned accounts.
• Manages priorities and assigned budgeting to deliver desired goals in key channels.
• Executes sponsorship or partnership activation across the market place
Planning & Analysis
• Understands local market's consumer demographics and key drivers.
• Develops plans with State manager and ensures management with functional groups.
• Shares Best Practices from local activation and communicate competitive intelligence.
• Manages assigned budget to deliver desired goals.
• Conducts business performance reviews in accordance with achieving customer & distributor plans.
• Plays a supporting role with pricing decisions in the market
Must have Requirements
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years industry experience and/or 4 years sales experience in a consumer products industry (Beverage Alcohol Industry preferred).
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors, accounts, and all internal stakeholders.
• Demonstrated knowledge of three-tier distribution system.
• Team player: Able to put the needs of the overall Brown-Forman business above the specific needs of the territory or team. Seeks out opportunities to collaborate with leaders in other channels and territories. Keeps relevant parties informed of activity and seeks similar behavior from the area team.
• Proficiency with word processing programs (such as Word), spreadsheet programs (such as Excel), and presentation programs (such as PowerPoint).
• Must have valid state driver’s license.
• Must be able and willing to travel (by air and car) 20-30% of the time
• Physical ability to lift 60 pounds. #Herradura #AP1
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Sales
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt