Brown-Forman Accountant/ Office Manager in Slane, Ireland
This position will be responsible for performing accounting, research, analysis and reporting related to Slane Homeplace Operations, as well as supporting the Homeplace Operations day-to-day activities. Slane Distillery Homeplace is a full scale production and tour facility.
· Accounting for all revenue streams and expenses related to Homeplace
· Support Homeplace Manager and department managers as needed
· Manage all cross company charges and accounting
· Manage banking and petty cash transactions and related accounting including periodic petty cash counts
· Manage inventory controls and accounting
· Ensure accurate management reporting
· Communicate with Corporate Accounting Manager to ensure Corporate Accounting compliance
· Ensure US GAAP and SOX controls compliance
· Prepare purchase orders for capital spending
· Special projects as requested
· Five to seven years of experience in finance / accounting field.
· SAP knowledge is preferred, as well as knowledge of retail and tour software.
· Ability to work efficiently in Excel
· Must be able to complete bookkeeping tasks independently and accurately with an accountant available for telephonic support.
· Demonstrated ability to complete workload within designated time and high level of accuracy with little supervision.
· A team player who demonstrates a partnering attitude and capability. This will be a small staff, must be willing to jump in and do what needs to be done.
Brown-Forman, founded in 1870, is a diversified producer and marketer of fine quality beverage alcohol brands. Headquartered in Louisville, KY, Brown-Forman currently employs about 4,000 people and has offices or facilities in 30 cities across the globe. Starting in the mid-1950s, the company began a series of acquisitions that would place it among the top 10 largest spirits companies in the world, selling its brands in more than 135 countries across the globe. These include many of the most well-known and best-loved wines and spirits brands, including Jack Daniel’s, Finlandia Vodka, Old Forester, Woodford Reserve, Herradura and el Jimador Tequilas, and Korbel champagnes. For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Marketing
Req Type: Exempt