Brown-Forman Chain Manager - CA in Walnut Creek, California
Position Title: Chain Manager, Northern California (Off Premise Channels)
Business Area: NAR Sales
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Reports to: State Manager
Partners with: Off Premise Division Retail Manager, Customer Account Manager, Regional Account Manager, Territory Portfolio Manager, Finance Team, Customer and Channel Development Team
Oversees Regional Chain off-premise volume planning, gift allocations, incentive programming, TMF budgets, and all off-premise commercial planning. Calls on Regional off-premise Chains in partnership with Young’s Market Company including, Raleys, Food Source, Savemart, Luckys, Foodmaxx, Mollie Stones, Grocery Outlet, Cost Plus, New Leaf,7-11,Shell/Chevron, Power Mart, Fast Trip, Quik Stop, Mar Val, Nugget Stores, Food 4 less, Holiday Markets and Ray’s.
● Along with Chain Finance Program Manager, program the Distributor Financial go to market plans by account.
● Manages the implementation and execution of B-F chain business plan with distributors, and holds them accountable for results.
● Monitors and measures program performance.
● In concert with Chain Finance Program Manager, Manages and Monitors Cumulative scan discounting Funding against plan.
● With the CA State Finance Program Manager, Manages CA state Programming consistency with NV.
● Direct the Young’s Market State Merchandising Manager to insure implementation of all programs in accordance to the priority calendar.
● In conjunction with the State Chain Manager, DRM, CAM’s and Chain Finance program manager, participates in the California Chain tertile meetings with Young’s Market Account Executives. (TPS / Marketing Meetings will be every tertile)
● Hold regular sales meetings with Distributor Account Executives to align on goals and measure progress.
● Responsible for all distributor incentives to help achieve Brown-Forman goals.
● Regularly works the market place to understand market factors and key competitor information.
● Manages account budgets related to pricing and promotion activities (i.e. discounting / POS)
● Conducts monthly sales meetings to insure proper distributor execution of all Brown-Forman programming.
● Strategically aligns with top distributor management and conducts tertile planning sessions to ensure Brown Forman will achieve all sales goals.
Responsible for leading Sales in assigned regional accounts for Northern Ca. Raleys, Food Source, Savemart, Luckys, Foodmaxx, Mollie Stones, Grocery Outlet, Cost Plus, New Leaf,7-11,Shell/Chevron, Power Mart, Fast Trip, Quik Stop, Mar Val, Nugget Stores, Food 4 less, Holiday Markets and Ray’s.
● Assumes leadership role in understanding, developing and implementing customer initiatives.
● Creates customer focused initiatives that enhance BF and customer profitability.
● Manages account budgets related to pricing and promotional activities. (i.e. scan/discount/pos).
● Conducts customer performance reviews with the distributor and the accounts.
● Assists with Greenhouse in the Regional chain accounts.
● Assist and lead the coordination of chain demo programs.
Must have Requirements:
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree plus 5-7 years sales experience or 8+ years sales experience within Beverage Alcohol Industry
● Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors and accounts and all internal stakeholders.
● Demonstrated knowledge of beverage alcohol business and three-tier distribution system.
● Action-oriented: Responds in a timely and effective manner to business issues and opportunities.
● Highly organized: capable of meeting multiple deadlines and juggling multiple projects.
● Literate with word processing programs (such as Word), spreadsheet programs (such as Excel), and presentation programs (such as PowerPoint)
● Must be able and willing to travel (by air and car) up to 10% of the time.
● Must have valid state driver’s license #AP 1
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Sales
City: Walnut Creek
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt