Brown-Forman Sr. Buyer- Agave in Amatitán, Mexico
Agave is a cornerstone of Brown-Forman’s global procurement. Be a key player in the Tequilas & RTD’s Growth, Herradura, El Jimador, Antiguo and New Mix RTD. You will lead the agave and field services procurement, and own suppliers’ development. You will work closely with field, distillery teams, US operations and have exposure to the executive level
Meaningful Work From Day One
The Senior Category Manager will need to proactively create and implement agave category sourcing strategies through market analysis.
Using category strategies and best practices, the Senior Category Manager will lead procurement of agave, coordinate local sourcing resources, and build stakeholder alignment at executive and directive levels.
This role reports directly to Global Procurement Senior Director and matrixed to Casa Herradura General Manager.
What You Can Expect
● Create and maintain a detailed strategy for the category of agave with updates to strategy at least twice a year. Ensure alignment of cross functional key players.
● Ensuring business teams have input, track and report spend analysis by supplier by year
● Maintain in-depth knowledge of agave market and all core suppliers.
● Select, negotiate and manage performance (both operational and financial) for suppliers to fully support Brown-Forman’s agave needs.
● Proactively track conditions and influencing factors (e.g., environmental, political, technological, social and economic) in the agave and tequila marketplace to ensure risk mitigation
● Partner with distillery, field operations and controlling business leaders to understand and support needs.
● Create and track KPIs related to the agave category and tie those KPIs to the department’s KPI reporting
● Act as a thought leader in the agave marketplace. Invest a significant part of his time directly on agave growing zones, participate in external forums and develop networks and relationships to get insights and also to influence industry protecting Brown Forman interests.
● Work with business partners and legal to craft contracts that cover agave procurement and have best practice terms to protect Brown-Forman (e.g., quality/service metrics, price holds, termination provisions)
● Through managing and developing a supervisor reporting to this role, ensure Field Services biddings and purchases meet Field operations needs.
● Focus and maintain a very active presence outside the office (fields, external forums, etc.).
What You Bring to the Table
● Education: College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent); Supply Chain, Business or related discipline.
● Experience: 7+ years’ experience in direct sourcing and procurement with a focus on true category management. 4+ years managing a complex category with a spend of at least $100mm annually
● Strong working knowledge of contract negotiations and demonstrable experience with a focus on delivering significant savings in a challenging, multi-layered global environment
● Superior negotiation skills
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to persuade, motivate and compel support for key ideas and initiatives, via persuasive and respectful discussions
● Ability to influence decision making, and create consensus, in cross-functional and multi-site teams, and with suppliers. Demonstrated ability to influence and drive change among stakeholders
● Ability to review a supplier pricing proposal, extrapolate life of contract cost and create a negotiation strategy for best practice contract/pricing
● Ability to identify and focus on top priorities, and balance multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
● Ability to foster a high-performance environment among diverse individuals
● Commitment to ethical procurement and treatment of suppliers, fosters diversity and minorities as part of the supplier base.
● Ability to speak fluent Spanish and English
What Makes You Unique
● Education: Masters Degree (M.A., MBA or Equivalent); Business or Supply Chain
● Experience: Spirits, wine, beverage, agricultural experience
● Experience directly tied to agave procurement and category management.
Who We Are
Imagine working for a company that welcomes you in, inspires you to bring your best self to every opportunity, and encourages you to grow and develop your career in a resilient and fun industry. Brown-Forman offers our employees this kind of career and environment and has for more than 150 years. Together, we proudly live and work by our values, striving each day to be better and do better as people, as a company, and as members of the communities we call home. Come have a seat at our table !
Many Spirits, One Brown‑Forman - We believe that an inclusive culture, one that values the diversity and unique perspective of each individual, allows us each to bring our best self to work and leads to greater teamwork, creativity, and trust.
Cultivating a Caring Culture - We know that our strong culture is one of the many reasons people love working at Brown‑Forman.
Enriching Life. Enriching Careers - At Brown‑Forman, we craft products known for bringing people together. Our employees have made us what we are today and are the reason for our success. Do not just take our word for it. Brown‑Forman is consistently recognized as a Great Place to Work® in countries around the world.
What We Offer
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer equitable pay structures for individual and company performance alongside a premium employee experience. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Supply Chain
Req ID: JR-00006947