Brown-Forman Global Insights Manager Emerging Brands and Finlandia Vodka in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Imagine working for a company that welcomes you in, inspires you to bring your best self to every opportunity, and encourages you to grow and develop your career in a resilient and fun industry. Brown-Forman offers our employees this kind of career and environment and has for more than 150 years. Together, we proudly live and work by our values, striving each day to be better and do better as people, as a company, and as members of the communities we call home. Come have a seat at our table .
Meaningful Work From Day One
This role is to manage Consumer and Shopper Insights for the Global Emerging Brands Group and Finlandia Vodka.The Global Emerging Brands Group at Brown-Forman includes an exciting portfolio of rapidly growing brands such as Benriach, The Glendronach, and Glenglasssaugh single malt scotch whiskey brands, Chambord Liqueur, Fords Gin and Slane Irish Whiskey. This role will also be the insights partner with the Finlandia Vodka Global Brand Team. Finlandia is a Top 10 international vodka brand sold globally with core markets in Central Eastern Europe. This new Global Brand Insight’s role working closely with the Emerging Brands and Finlandia global brand teams. They will act as a catalyst for big, profit-driving ideas, inspiring global, regional, and local brand teams and senior leadership, by understanding what matters to consumers and delivering insights which unlock significant brand and business growth.
What You Can Expect:
Under the guidance of the Director of Global Brands Insight and working closely with the Global Emerging Brands and Finlandia brands teams, this role will be a strategic ‘thought partner’ who is responsible for actionable consumer understanding, strategy recommendations, research implementation and analysis. They will be tasked with overseeing strategic support to the Brand Directors of Global Emerging Brands and Finlandia across core strategic projects including Brand Strategy, Business Strategy, Portfolio Strategy, Brand Communications, Brand Architecture, Packaging and Innovation.
1) Strategic Planning: Under the guidance of the Director of Global Brands Insight provide strategic thought partnership to global brands teams.
● Works with Global Brand Teams on the development or refinement of brand architecture.
● Works with Global Brand teams on thinking around brand extension, innovation and portfolio management.
● Generates actionable insights about the brand, consumers, the market and trends to assist in the development of global brand strategy.
● Recommends brand strategies and tactics based on consumer learning/insights and participates in the development of those strategies.
2) Consumer Knowledge Development: This person will proactively lead knowledge development for the Emerging Brands and Finlandia brand teams through best-in-class understanding of consumer behavior and brand building. This will be fueled by managing research implementation and insight generation that drives business growth.
● Identify and prioritize gaps in knowledge and understanding to inform the development of research plans that meet the brand teams’ needs.
● Use best research models and approaches to optimize results within budgets.
● Lead process of briefing and selecting appropriate research design and methodology.
● Commissioning of brand audits to unearth insights to inform brand positioning & brand strategy evolution and refinement.
● Visually and verbally distill information down to the key findings and produce a compelling story.
3) Opportunity Identification:
● Systematically mines existing data to identify insights, gaps, issues, opportunities and actionable insights across this brand portfolio.
● Actively seeks new ‘discoveries’ from a wider range of sources - longer-term trends for consumer, technology, adjacent categories, geographies and their peculiarities, regional and local spirits brands/players etc.
4) Special Projects - These may include:
● Work on Global Insights projects across the full portfolio of brands and markets.
● Developing and communicating new insights approaches that can be applied across all Brown-Forman brands.
● Screening and evaluation of potential research partners.
● Supporting the development and training within our marketing capability program “The B-F Way of Marketing”.
● Participation and sharing best practice within the Global Insights community.
5) Stakeholder Management:
● Global Emerging Brands & Finlandia Brand Teams
● Global Brands Insights Director & Team
● Global Insights Community
● Markets & Regions: Is a key point of contact for region and market insights teams advising on best practice and insights protocols for these brands.
6) Proactive in self-development:
● Keep up to date with relevant industry and market trends.
● Share best practice research learnings.
● Demonstrate desire for new knowledge, experiences and challenges.
We Are Looking For People Who Have:
Demonstrable insights experience in a consumer goods environment
Ability to identify and synthesize data sources including trends and digital intelligence to build and apply thinking globally and across markets.
Experience managing external agencies
Strong stakeholder management and alignment skills
Excellent analytical skills
Strong project management experience
Compelling Communication skills
Nothing Better In The Market :
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure our sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer premium and equitable pay & bonus for individual and company performance. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce.
Business Area: Global Marketing
Req ID: JR-00003494