Brown-Forman Lead Digital Audit Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia
"This is an exciting new opportunity for someone to make their passion for advanced analytics count and join us on our digital transformation journey. Harnessing the power of digital audit solutions isn't just about a more efficient audit, it's about adding value to the business and that's what we strive for in our Internal Audit Department." -VP Director Internal Audit, Hiring Manager
Meaningful Work From Day One:
This position reports to the VP, Director Internal Audit and is integral to the development and execution of the digital audit transformation strategy for the Internal Audit (IA) function. The Lead Digital Audit Consultant (LDAC) oversees the path and pace of development for advanced auditing techniques including data analytics, routine process automation (RPA), process mining, AI and machine learning. By growing our digital audit capabilities, the LDAC will help transform our audit methodology to a more agile, automated, and continuous auditing approach. The LDAC will partner with other IA team members to deploy digital audit procedures across a multitude of audit projects. These audits and consultations focus on improving business processes that enable management to achieve their business objectives while maintaining a strong internal control environment. The LDAC will help to upskill and evolve the individual competencies of the IA team as a whole.
What You Can Expect:
The LDAC is responsible for advancing digital audit capabilities, training IA team members, providing audit support, RPA development, and evaluating innovative digital audit concepts such as machine learning, process mining, continuous auditing, etc for the purpose of evaluating:
● The adequacy of internal controls associated with business processes and the adherence of those processes to company policies and procedures
● Governance and compliance around digital audit procedures such as Sarbanes-Oxley, Safe Harbor, data and information security, systems controls, GDPR, cyber security, etc.
● The effectiveness and efficiency of operations, assuring that company resources are properly utilized.
● The LDAC partners with the Digital Transformation and Continuous Improvement team to leverage internal resources and execute at scale.
● The LDAC works with the VP, Director Internal Audit to strategically evaluate and deploy innovative audit tools and practices.
● The LDAC directly assists in the work of IA team members and partners in setting the digital audit objectives, methodology, timeline, and project deliverables.
● The LDAC prepares a variety of audit reports including Audit Committee updates for the VP, Director Internal Audit on a regularly scheduled basis.
● The LDAC will participate in audits that will contribute to their knowledge of the Company’s operations and improve their understanding of the business. This includes being engaged in audits for different markets, locations, brands, departments, business units, and working with employees at all levels of the Company.
● The LDAC will constantly strive to enhance the department through innovative thinking and implementing best practices in an effort to achieve a “best in class” Internal Audit department.
● The LDAC is the department expert for digital audit tools and techniques and will continuously share knowledge and trainings with IA staff to enhance and upskill the competencies of the IA team as a whole. With this, the LDAC is responsible for technical knowledge transfer and back up support. The LDAC will provide support and feedback on a regular basis to other IA team members including the annual performance partnership.
● The LDAC recruits premier individuals to the group and coaches them. Within the group, the Lead IT Audit Consultant instills an overall philosophy of audit quality, efficient use of time, and value-driving insights.
What Exactly Are We Looking For?
● Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field and 8+ years of progressive financial experience.
● Demonstrated knowledge and experience with digital tools and technologies including but not limited to Tableau, Power Automate, Alteryx, SAP, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
● Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and then provide clear concise direction with limited input from the VP, Director Internal Audit.
● Demonstrated ability to analyze business process activities and map to underlying data sources to help develop creative audit solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
● Excellent leadership skills with the ability to manage and motivate audit staff and partners outside of IA to achieve superior performance. Ability to work at all levels and across multiple disciplines within the Company.
● Excellent communication skills including the ability to clearly report results orally and in writing, and the ability to negotiate with clients in developing and implementing optimal action plans.
● Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships in a team environment with internal and external contacts.
● Excellent computer skills, with demonstrated ability to develop and apply spreadsheets, database, and graphic presentations.
● Experience auditing the financial statements and business processes of a global company supported by accounting and financial systems within an ERP, network, and PC environment.
● Demonstrated ability in a self-managed environment with a high degree of initiative & inquisitiveness.
● Demonstrated ability to adhere to a strict code of ethics in handling confidential information.
● Excellent organizational skills, including project management and planning. Demonstrated ability to execute multiple assignments to meet deadlines, completing work with accuracy.
● Willingness and availability to work overtime to meet required deadlines and travel of 15%.
What Sets You Apart:
● Data Science degree/experience, Master’s of Business Administration (MBA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and /or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
● Previous experience working at a Big 4 public firm is desired.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Finance
Req ID: JR-00003994