Brown-Forman Region Revenue Growth Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Position Location - Atlanta, GA; Dallas, TX; Chicago, IL or Louisville, KY
What You Will Do in This Role :
Lead the revenue growth management activities and analytics for the region, including the management of a business analyst and revenue growth specialist. Partner closely with Finance Managers to analyze pricing and discounting opportunities to maximize revenue and value growth across the region. Expand region’s ability to understand, influence, guide, and monitor consumer facing pricing and discounting decisions and subsequent effects. Partner closely with Director Revenue Management and Value Chain Analytics & Optimization Manager in advancing our systems, tools, data integration, processes, consistency and transparency around pricing, discounting, and margin management optimization efforts.
What You Can Expect:
● Coordinate and support pricing alignment meetings across functions and geographies within the region and ensure alignment with overall US&C Finance.
● Provide tools, processes and analytics to drive pricing scenarios and gaming for pricing planning.
● Develop pricing/discounting reporting, and continue to evolve relative pricing methodology.
● Partner with Director Revenue Management and other Regional Revenue Growth Managers to build best practices around pricing and discounting.
Pricing Analytics & Modeling
● Lead and develop pricing modeling for markets across the region.
● Support FMs in gaming and developing pricing scenarios (coach and collaborate).
● Partner with US&C Finance on analysis around discounting and pricing guidance for NPD’s/line extensions, brand exits, seasonal brands, etc.
● Develop regional discounting and programming analysis methodology in conjunction with Director Revenue Management and other Regional Revenue Growth Managers.
● Perform and lead competitive pricing analytics.
Pricing & Discounting Governance
● Work across the region with FMs to establish pricing strategy that is reflective of brand direction/guidelines, as well as driving discounting strategy, scenario assessments, and approval process.
● Ensure discounting strategies align with margin management strategies.
● Establish methodology and lead ongoing assessment of deal and discounting program effectiveness, ensuring optimization of discounting dollars.
Chain Business Programming
● Where applicable, partner with FMs in developing local pricing modeling for key chain markets.
● Review approval methodology for chain program (pricing & in-market) budgets in support of FMs for key chain markets:
○ Monitoring price support funds during the year through the programming calendar, and helping identify ways to address shortfalls or utilize excess funds.
○ Maintaining an oversight of all in-market programming expenses through the programming calendars and ensuring they are coordinated appropriately with pricing.
○ Work with FMs to develop methodology for ensuring any proposed refunds/coupons/FSI's/etc. are within brand expectations, meet price guidelines and are financially reasonable.
○ Evaluating the effectiveness of chain discount programs and discussing potential changes (if needed) with the Territory/State Sales Managers.
○ Evaluating the effectiveness of in-market chain programs that impact distribution, velocity, and trade inventories for each brand and channel level. Measure results versus goals, and determine the quality of implementation. As appropriate, recommend courses of action.
● Partner with Business Analyst to promote a culture of analytics within the region.
● Champion the adoption of advanced analytics tools to replace static and manually produced reports, and drive region to “self-service” for reporting needs.
● Help lead the development of analytical capabilities, driving from performing analysis to formulating insights to making decisions. Areas of analysis can include consumer, customer, pricing, promotion, media effectiveness, etc., incorporating best practice communication/storytelling methods.
● Management of two direct reports - business analyst and revenue growth specialist.
● Support development of direct reports by providing opportunities and coaching with on-going feedback and setting / tracking of goals.
● Act as a role model of a diverse and inclusive culture where different perspectives are encouraged and individuals feel connected and valued.
What Exactly Are We Looking For?
● Bachelor’s degree plus 7 years of relevant experience; or MBA degree plus 3 years relevant experience; or equivalent education/experience combination.
● Exposure to pricing analytics from supplier cost, through multi-tiered route to market, to consumer-facing price.
● Demonstrated ability for revenue management modeling, price elasticity, econometric modeling. Ability to interpret outputs and provide insights and recommendations for business decisions.
● Involvement in consumer pricing and multi-tiered route to market.
● Proven ability to independently plan, prioritize and organize work projects. Collect, analyze data and present results in a concise actionable format.
● Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, including ability to communicate complex topics in a concise, clear manner.
● Ability to work in a high pressure environment, meet deadlines, and simultaneously develop, deploy and coordinate multiple projects.
● Demonstrated interpersonal skills; able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of internal and external contacts.
● Effective Management and coaching skills.
● Demonstrated ability and knowledge of various software packages, particularly Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
● Personal honesty and integrity. Strong work ethic with ability to work a flexible schedule to meet deadlines.
What Sets Yoy Apart?
● Experience with pricing software, data sources and analytical tools (Nielsen, Nabca, Vistaar, etc.)
● Prior Experience in the alcoholic beverage industry
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: USA & Canada Division
Req ID: JR-00005774