Brown-Forman Senior Insights Analyst - Global Brands in Atlanta, Georgia
"This role offers an incredible opportunity to work on Brown Forman's iconic Jack Daniel's brand during an exciting time of innovation and growth globally. Your consumer insights expertise will inform the strategy for Jack's next decade of global growth, and will give you the opportunity for career development through challenging work with a passionate and collaborative team who truly love what they do." -Hiring Manager
Meaningful Work From Day One:
The Global Brand Insight Team inspires the teams we partner with by identifying and addressing the most important questions to our brands and overall business that deliver long term brand growth. We apply, advance and role model the fundamentals of the BF Way of Brand Building to deliver strategy, planning, insights and capability growth that lead to growth ideas.
This team currently consists of 4 team members. And this role will also work directly with Global Brands teams, as well as being an important member of the wider Insights community at Brown Forman (across Global, regional and in-market teams numbering 30+ personnel).
Reporting to the Global Insights Senior Manager - Jack Daniels FOB, this role will support Jack Daniel’s Global Brands team by providing timely insights enabled by research implementation and analysis. The Jack Daniel’s Family of brands includes Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniels Flavors (Apple, Honey and Fire), Jack Daniels Super Premium Portfolio (Gentleman Jack, Single Barrel, and Bonded Series) and Jack Daniel’s RTDs (Ready to Drinks- including recently launched Global partnership with Coca-Cola).
Supporting the Global Insights Senior Manager, this role will provide insight supporting brand health, consumer and category understanding, as well as creative, communications and innovation opportunities (to name but a few).
What You Will Do In This Role:
The Global Brand Insights team acts as a catalyst for great ideas by leading and applying the fundamentals of the BF Way of Brand Building.
This role should inspire others by fostering and facilitating an understanding of brand and consumers in order to unlock significant growth opportunities for Jack Daniels and the wider BF portfolio.
This role will play a key role in analyzing and diagnosing brand health performance and identifying resultant growth opportunities.
This role will play a key role in monitoring, distilling and sharing long and short term trends across consumer, category, and communications.
They will also support and deliver ad hoc insights projects to deepen global brand teams understanding of their consumers, shoppers, categories and audiences. For multi-country and multi-region brand projects this role will be key to support planning, managing and delivering on global brand insights projects.
This person brings conviction for their thinking balanced by an open ear and mind. A strong communicator, who can turn data to insight presented in a compelling and timely way to inform consumer understanding among Global Brand Teams.
Consumer Knowledge Development
This person will support knowledge development for the Jack Daniel’s brand teams through best-in-class understanding of consumer behavior and brand building. This will be fueled by managing research implementation and insight generation that drives business growth.
● Complete brand health audits to unearth insights to inform brand positioning & brand strategy evolution and refinement.
● Visually and verbally distill information down to the key findings and produce a compelling story.
● Interpret findings, and facilitate sharing of results to ensure these are embedded with stakeholders.
● Answer data, research and insights queries, drawing on their ability to manipulate databases, using continuous and ad hoc data sources. Has the ability to interpret qualitative and quantitative data and convert this into real information.
● Analyze and interpret the Brand Tracker and other data to help answer brand issues and unravel new insights
● Utilize all other available sources to identify relevant consumer trends and behaviors and synthesize with other learning e.g. IWSR and other data sources available.
● Able to transform data into actionable insights
● Develops impactful insights that drive strategy and decision making, including leveraging and integrating primary research, multiple studies, secondary trends sources and competitive intelligence.
● Prepares reports/presentations by effectively communicating critical learnings, consumer insights and conclusions in order to provide actionable recommendations to key stakeholders.
Collaborates in the proactive identification of insights through strategic data sources that could lead to new brand or market opportunities.
Special Consumer Understanding Projects:
Participates on projects that may partner with Insights team or other insight roles that may involve new methods and learning, work on strategic studies, new competitive or marketplace initiatives, etc.
Proactive in self-development
● Keep up to date with relevant industry and market trends.
● Share best practice research learnings.
● Demonstrate desire for new knowledge, experiences and challenges.
● Able to assimilate and apply new information to the business situation.
● Identifies, creates and capitalizes on learning opportunities.
What Exactly Are We Looking For:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 5+ years experience working in insights either agency or client side
● Good level of theoretical and technical knowledge of Marketing, Marketing Science and Brands.
● Understanding of and experience with various market research methodologies (both quantitative and qualitative) and data sources and their appropriateness for applying to a particular business issue
● Understanding of qual and quant primary methodologies
● Experience working with secondary data sources to identify themes and trends
● Strong statistical analysis and knowledge of data analysis software and an aptitude for the manipulation and interrogation of databases (ideally with experience of SPSS, Survey Reporter, or similar)
● Ability to identify and synthesize data sources including trends and digital intelligence.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● IT literate - MS Office applications and/or G Suite
What will set you apart:
● Agency management skills
● Experience working with multiple senior stakeholders
● Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
● Intellectual curiosity and innovative thinking
● International and cultural curiosity and experience
● Self-starter with ability to identify and solve problems.
● Beverage alcohol industry experience
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Marketing
Req ID: JR-00005858