Brown-Forman Senior Internal Audit Consultant (Remote Work Opportunity) in Atlanta, Georgia
Meaningful Work From Day One:
The Brown-Forman (B-F) Internal Audit department provides internal audit services to all areas of B-F’s operations across the globe. The audit services are typically consultative, operational, financial, compliance or IT in scope and focus on improving business processes/controls to enable management to achieve their business objectives. This position is responsible for planning and performing audits and assisting with the company’s Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
compliance process for the purpose of evaluating the adequacy of internal controls associated with business processes and Brown-Forman policies. The Sr. IA Consultant will coordinate the company’s SOX program internally and with external auditors, overseeing scheduling, communications, training, tracking of progress, and reporting on results. The audits focus on improving business processes and controls for various markets, brands, and business functions
around the world that enable management to achieve their business objectives. The Audit Consultant will participate in audits that will contribute to their knowledge of the Company’s operations and improve their understanding while working with employees at all levels of the Company. The Audit Consultant is expected to build a network for future career opportunities.
What You Can Expect:
● The Sr. Audit Consultant is responsible for planning and performing audit work for the purpose of evaluating:
The effectiveness, efficiency, and adequacy of internal controls
Compliance with Sarbanes Oxley
The effectiveness and efficiency of operations
The accuracy and completeness of presented business information
● The Sr. Audit Consultant works closely with operating management (the client) to set the objectives for the audit by identifying areas to be examined and then obtains agreement on methodology, timeline, and specific project
● The Sr. Audit Consultant performs and documents procedures during each audit. This includes advanced analytical
and audit techniques, formulating and analyzing data, identifying process improvement opportunities and creating recommendations, and working with the client to develop action plans to address concerns.
● The Sr. Audit Consultant completes audit reports with their findings,
recommendations, and management action plans. Additionally, the Audit Consultant is responsible for follow-up communications with operating management to ensure adoption of agreed-upon action plans.
● The Sr. Audit Consultant effectively interacts with the external auditor to complete Sarbanes-Oxley work and direct assistance procedures.
What You Bring to the Table:
Education: College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent); Accounting, Finance, or related field.
Experience: Qualifications Required:
● Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
● Ability to plan, coordinate, and execute multiple assignments to meet deadlines.
● Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and the ability to excel in a team environment with internal and external contacts.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Demonstrated ability to analyze financial and business activities, identify process strengths and weaknesses, and develop creative solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Includes the ability to understand and describe
● Demonstrated ability to work in a self-managed environment with a high degree of initiative and inquisitiveness.
● Demonstrated ability to adhere to a strict code of ethics in handling confidential information.
● Willingness to travel on assignments 10-15% of the time, including international travel.
What Makes You Unique:
Education: College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent); Masters Degree (M.A., MBA or Equivalent); Business Administration (MBA)
Experience: Preferred Requirements:
● Master’s of Business Administration (MBA)
● Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and /or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
● Experience traveling and working internationally.
● Experience in the beverage alcohol or consumer products industry.
● Previous experience working at a Big 4 public firm.
● Experience with advanced technology and analytics (i.e. Tableau, process mining, RPA, data science, etc)
● 3- 5 years of financial experience.
● Experience operating and/or auditing in an SAP environment (i.e. ERP, SCM, HR, BW, CRM, and/or Portal).
Who We Are:
Imagine working for a company that welcomes you in, inspires you to bring your best self to every opportunity, and encourages you to grow and develop your career in a resilient and fun industry. Brown-Forman offers our employees this kind of career and environment and has for more than 150 years. Together, we proudly live and work by our values, striving each day to be better and do
better as people, as a company, and as members of the communities we call home. Come have a seat at our table!
● Many Spirits, One Brown‑Forman- We believe that an inclusive culture, one that values the diversity and unique perspective of each individual, allows us each to bring our best self to work and leads to greater teamwork, creativity, and trust.
● Cultivating a Caring Culture- We know that our strong culture is one of the many reasons people love working at Brown‑Forman.
● Enriching Life. Enriching Careers- At Brown‑Forman, we craft products known for bringing people together. Our employees have made us what we are today and are the reason for our success. Do not just take our word for it. Brown‑Forman is consistently recognized as a Great Place to Work® in countries around the world.
What We Offer:
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer equitable pay structures for individual and company performance alongside a premium employee experience. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our
Nothing Better in the Market:
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer premium and equitable pay. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce. We are dedicated to creating a responsible drinking culture, providing a safe, inclusive, and engaging workplace, protecting the environment, and making a positive contribution to our communities.
Locations considered for this opening:
B-F Headquarters office in Louisville, KY
B-F Regional office in Atlanta, GA or Dallas, TX or Irvine, CA
Locations across the US for a remote work from home set-up
This position is posted with multiple locations, you only need to apply to one of the postings to be considered for all locations and/or the remote work option.
B-F can employ a remote worker in the majority of the states in the US, however if you are located in one of the following states, relocation would be required. VT, RI ,CT ,NJ ,DE ,WI ,MN, ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, LA, MS, NM, AZ, UT, OR, AK, HI
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Finance
Req ID: JR-00005875