Brown-Forman Field Sales Specialist GTR- Southern Europe, Spain in Barcelona, Spain
This position will work to ensure the development of Brown-Forman brands in travel retail sales channels, in alignment with our brand building philosophy and global brand strategies. Working under the management of the Global Account Manager, Dufry, this position will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of all travel retail activities in the covered territory of Southern Europe. The role will collaborate with GTR and local management teams to evaluate market conditions, implement sales and promotional plans and recommend changes.
Key tasks will include:
● Execution of brand trainings for store staff
● Optimizing visibility of our brands at the point of sale, with a focus on priority airports and border stores
● Development of B-F business at store level through building effective relationships with store personnel
● Identify and exploit incremental brand building opportunities through merchandising and promotional activities at a local level
● Develop strong working relationships with targeted account staff to secure optimal retail brand exposure and dominate at the point of purchase
● Work directly with key retailer personnel, including store managers, looking to identify and act upon profitable growth opportunities
● Proactively identify and exploit brand building opportunities through permanent merchandising and promotional activities
● Develop/adapt appropriate brand building activities, and execute and evaluate these activities with customers.
● Collaborate on local management of A&P budget, coding of invoices for payment, and support particularly in terms of POS material
● Work directly with B-F Customer Service to effectively handle any logistical challenges.
● Conduct regular staff trainings in all key locations, focusing not only on B-F dedicated BA’s, but also on generic retailer personnel
● Ensure best in class execution of all promotional activations
Required Experience & Education:
Education: College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent); Marketing or Sales
Experience: 2-3 years’ sales experience
Preferred Experience & Education:
Education: College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent); Marketing & Sales
Experience: 3 years experience in Sales or Marketing.
● Experience of the spirits industry
● GTR experience
● Other relevant languages
● Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to succeed in many skill areas including planning, teamwork, customer relationships, training and influencing retail staff, presentations, problem solving & negotiating
● Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
● Strong cultural awareness to reflect international nature of B-F travel retail business
● A team player, with ability to work both autonomously and in a matrix organization.
● Strong oral and written communicator
● Strong and confident presentation and training skills
● Strong organizational skills
● Fluent spoken and written English & Spanish
● Fully literate in Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
● Willing to travel extensively (min. 50% of time).
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Travel Retail
Req Type: Exempt