Brown-Forman Andean Marketing Manager in Bogota, Colombia
Primary purpose is to Lead the development, localization, implementation and evaluation of local brand consumer activation programs and plans to maximize mental and physical availability - Brands growth, trial, awareness, and brand equity, consistent with LAC and Global Brand strategies and guidelines. Responsible marketing and ensures brand building activities are compliant with B-F Marketing Code and local regulations.
Works closely with Andean & DF Territory Manager, local distributor marketing and sales teams, as well as local agencies to ensure best in class execution and evaluation of local marketing activities.
Supports local markets for innovation projects, consumer insights & market analysis.
Emphasis on strategic direction for all Brown-Forman activities in these markets, coordination of distributor activities, marketing management, brand development, market penetration and innovation development.
Develops the portfolio and brand strategies at a country and Area level, in collaboration with the local Distributor, BF managers, and LAR marketing.
Leads the development of marketing strategy and annual plans. Works with Andean Territory Manager and Distributor’s marketing management to ensure execution and evaluation of local marketing activities.
Serves as the link between B-F Marketing and the local marketing resources.
Key resource for distributor in training in BF brand building and functional marketing capabilities
Travel approximately 20-30% of time.
Countries to Manage: Colombia (marketing), Panama DF (marketing), Ecuador (marketing), Venezuela (marketing)
Development of Long Term Strategic Marketing Plans
• Supports and collaborates in development of overall marketing strategy for key territories and brands, including development of country Brand plans.
• Lead and Assure the implementation and executions of the activities time planners
• Evaluates and recommends current and future opportunities in the markets.
• Collaborates for providing country specific category insights and trends.
• Link and key point of contact between LAR region and regional or local marketing resources within BF and at Distributor. Gains necessary approvals and ensures alignment and communication among the stakeholders for the brand plans.
• Needs to understand local market trends to evaluate opportunities and adjust to changing conditions for optimal brand development.
• Identify critical tasks and resources necessary to achieve desired objectives; takes action to ensure superior execution.
• Identify key market drivers that affect market penetration and growth, and able to develop strategic plans and ideas to best take advantage of the opportunity.
Development of Annual Brand Plans
• Responsible for implementing the B-F planning process for key Brands, in coordination with distributors marketing teams, Business Review and 3 Year Plans and ideation sessions as well as Annual Brand Plans.
• Execute budgets, and evaluate metrics and KPIs
• Ensures all marketing and brand activities are compliant with brand guidelines, B-F Marketing Codes and local regulations
Personnel Management and Development
• Work closely with local distributor brand managers in key markets.
• Build powerful, long lasting relationships with key stakeholders in the markets to advance the consumer franchise of our brands.
• Train and provide support for distributor B-F Brand managers.
• Ability to interact with all distributor personnel, from owner to field sales people.
Marketing and Brand Development
• Work closely with NOLA and Caribbean Marketing Manager and brand teams to implement global strategies.
• Execute and communicates yearly commercial and brand plans in collaboration with the BF/Distributor resources.
• Execute A&P budgets together with the Andean & Central America Territory Manager and LAC Marketing Manager.
• Responsible for tracking and reporting of A&P spend.
• Ensures distributor execution of marketing activities are done consistently with marketing plans and brand strategies.
• Build and develop selected brands among targeted consumers.
• Assess and report on marketing activities. Establish metrics.
• Ensure retail pricing guidelines are met
• Education and implementation of BF policies of responsibility.
• Oversees execution of plans to ensure best in class implementation in the On- and Off-Trade.
• Evaluates performance of brand building activities.
• Work with BTL agencies.
• Implement VAP´s and Gifting process for the region.
Required Experience & Education:
Education: College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent); Business, Marketing
Experience: 5+ years of Commercial and Marketing experience
Broad marketing skills, background in consumer goods with commercial/business knowledge, experience and knowledge in Andean markets, portfolio management experience, strategic thinking, financial skills and budget management, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Commercial success in the FMCG industry
• Portfolio brand management, Strategic roles
• Fluency in English, Spanish
• Business acumen
• Excellent leadership skills and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written)
• Finance skills to create and analyze P&L and budgets
• Necessary computer literacy
Preferred Experience & Education:
Education: Masters Degree (M.A., MBA or Equivalent); Business, Marketing
Experience: • Distributor level commercial experience
• Alcohol beverage industry experience desirable
• People management experience
Must be capable of covering a broad range of activities with little direct supervision. Must be able to interact with and persuade key decision makers within Brown-Forman, brokers, distributors and retail customers. Must be willing to creatively improve existing systems, understanding the complexities and personalities involved.
Decision Making and Problem Solving:
Responsible for all business and strategic decisions in their market. Incumbent will take control of an ongoing business that is critical to the overall regional objectives.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: International
Req ID: JR-00001025