Brown-Forman Territory Portfolio Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Position Title: Territory Portfolio Manager
Business Area: NAR Sales
Location: Boston, MA
Reports To: Division Portfolio Manager and Territory Manager
For assigned territory, lead the prioritization of brand programs and support the localization of playbook strategy and initiatives across the portfolio.
● Support the localization of the national portfolio strategy as detailed in the brand Playbooks
o Brand and market prioritization of activities
o Multi - Channel specific plans
o National Promotion direction
o TPS areas of focus
o Effective alignment of resources
o Value added pack strategy
o Coupon strategy
o Commercial Plans
● Manage market specific activity plans ensuring appropriate alignment of time and effort and that all of the resources/tools are in the right place at the right time. Coordinate and communicate across local team to ensure efficiency in execution of plans.
o Coordinates market visits, blitzes, and ambassador visits with the local team
o Leads local market planning and GAP discussions between field marketing and local markets
o Leads the process of developing incremental programs with the local markets and territory finance
● Manage activity trackers (Eclips TMF plans), ensuring markets are updating throughout the course of the year
o Own the Program Performance Management Tool with your finance counterpart to ensure key programs are consistently planned and evaluated in a timely manner.
● Partner with the Territory Finance Managers and analysts to provide thorough evaluation and feedback on critical in market activity
● Partner with Territory Manager on content development of TPS tertile review with distributor leadership
● Create local selling tools as appropriate and communicate broader tool needs through SAMIE team
● Manage the strategy and prioritization behind national promotions, POS, and gift process within the local market
o Coordinate product allocation processes with local markets
● Maintain market profiles including:
o Key demographic overview
o Channel segmentation
o Merchandisable account universe
● Aides in the development and implementation of local marketing extensions in support of national brand platforms which may include, but are not limited to print elements, activation tools / mechanics and other local POS (where applicable and as directed)
o Leveraging local sponsorships in partnership with Field Marketing Manager. Communicate FMM localized plans to local sales team.
o Taking local ideas and developing into 360˚ program with support of Field Marketing and Local Sales teams
● Partner with key distributor contacts (where applicable and as directed) to manage communication and prioritization of activities within the distributor house. Could include:
o Distribution of B-F information and key selling tools
o Customer Service guides
o New Item set-up information
o Marketing programs and promotions
o POS coordination
Education/Experience: A Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of sales & marketing experience, or 9+ years of relevant experience in Beverage Alcohol Industry
● Strong Organization/project management skills
● Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to operate very effectively in a collaborative, matrix environment
● Strong verbal and written communicator who can create clear images through words
● Experience developing successful internal and external partnerships
● Strong results orientation
● Ability to set priorities and maintain them. This role requires someone who is able to manage many projects simultaneously.
● Independent thinking that demonstrates commitment for your ideas. Willingness to take risks.
● Ability and willingness to travel 30-40% of the time #AP 1 #TAP #Herradura
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Sales
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt