Brown-Forman Marketing Manager in Brussels, Belgium
Brown-Forman sets up Direct Selling Organisation in Belgium and Luxembourg from the 1st of January 2022.
What You Will Do in This Role
As part of the Belgian Leadership Team, the Marketing Manager is a cornerstone player in the organization, driving Marketing & Trade Marketing strategy and execution, working in close collaboration with Sales and BLT to seize growth initiatives.
• Defining and implementing the brands’ marketing plan in line with Belgium and European/Global Strategy-guidelines.
• Coordinating actions with the different local and international teams to complete his/her projects
• This person inspires, motivates and develops a cohesive highly effective team of talents in brand management and trade marketing.
• Reporting to France Marketing Director, and Country General Manager.
What You Can Expect:
• Build and drive relevant brands' strategies across the full portfolio and develop effective programs at local level, aligned with Global Brands strategies, delivering profitable sustainable growth on priority brands in dedicated channels (On & Off).
• Contribute to the country planning cycle: responsible for creating yearly Trade Marketing and Marketing plans, and ensure excellence in execution.
• Define portfolio strategy and priorities in cooperation with Country Manager and Marketing Director FR SP BE.
• Develop rationale and business cases to focus resources on high leverage brand/business opportunities, including white spaces outside current portfolio/channel footprint.
• Analyze the competitive environment and emerging trends in the market to identify new opportunities (innovations, channel footprint…), and nurture growth strategy.
• Transform insights (consumers and shoppers) into actionable material plans.
• Collaborate closely with Regional and Global teams through the annual planning : work closely with global brand teams to build world class brands plans, work closely with European networks (countries and central team) to raise capabilities, share best practices and feed each other.
• Is the ambassador of his/her brands internally and externally.
Marketing and Sales integration
• Drive a collaborative environment with sales teams to maximize impact of marketing campaigns & programs at retail
• Demonstrate a good knowledge of multi-channel retail environments
• Demonstrate awareness of business drivers in different channels, category management and shopper marketing skills.
• Pro-actively participate in the resource allocation process in Belgium to ensure optimal long term and sustainable return on investment
• Ensures delivery of brand profit margins through carefully managed and documented budget follow up.
• Responsible for annual marketing budget/resource allocation and prioritization, ensuring a healthy balance of LT & ST brand building activities, in line with Global guidance.
Champion of People
• Lead and develop the Marketing organization
• Provide direct people management to direct reports, talent development
• Champion collaborative spirit to ease cross functional team work
• Ensure that the capabilities of the Belgium team are developed and aligned with the global capability framework.
What you bring to the table
Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
10+ years experience in Marketing in FMCG
Strong capacities of written and oral communication
Fluency (written and spoken) in French, Flemish and English
Significant, progressive wide-ranging experience of the major marketing disciplines: brand portfolio management and development, positioning, short and long term brand planning, advertising, promotions, activations, events, media strategy and planning, digital strategy, pricing strategy, major innovation and NPD, qualitative and quantitative research, major agency.
What We Offer
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure our sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer premium and equitable pay. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Europe Division
State: Brussels-Capital Region
Req ID: JR-00002290