Brown-Forman National Customers Manager Off Trade in Brussels, Belgium
Meaningful Work From Day One:
Reporting to the Country Manager Belux, the National Customers Manager Off Trade leads a team of Key Account managers, Category manager and assistant.
In collaboration with the Country Manager Belux, they participates in the construction of the sales strategy in order to achieve goals set by Brown-Forman Belgium. they collaborates with the board and the other departments.
The National Customers Manager defines the negotiation and category strategies in order to achieve goals of P&L based on the customer relation development and the implementation of an annual action plan. They defines the customer strategy by regularly monitoring the results and their analysis. Proactive to adapt the strategy and the implementation of the organization, develop the tools, federate the team and anticipate the medium-term needs.
They manages the team so they reach the company's goals while allowing them to grow..
What You Can Expect:
manage the business development and reaches the objectives set:
● Develops a short and medium-term vision of customer strategy, channels and categories.
● Actively contributes to development of business plans by optimizing all levers: commercial, category management, financial, logistic.
● Ensures a good collaboration between the different services of the company: Marketing, Sales On & Off, Finance (management control, accounting), Logistics (customer service, sales anticipation.), HR, Legal and Sales force.
● Drives the investments and improves their profitability: responsible for the customers’ P&L.
● In relation with the Country Manager, he/she closely collaborates with the On Trade Customer Manager to match business strategies between networks (agreements, terms of sales, prices…).
● Closely collaborates with the National Field Sales Manager to define the local customers’ strategy and implement the customer’s action plan for the Sales Representatives.
● Ensures the signing of all customers contracts in the time required by law and in agreement with the company’s objectives (in terms of finance and volume).
● Participates in European working groups and collaborates with other countries.
● Development of their knowledge of customer and network (independent and grouped) build strong and lasting business relationships with customers.
● Defines customer and category policy as well as investment strategy.
● Management: Empowers, develops, motivates and ensures the performance of the team.
● Management and direct coaching of the Key Accounts in negotiating agreements (execution, negotiated counterparties, P&L, support during appointment…).
● Direct manager of some customer accounts (national or international).
● Manages budgets and achieves profitability objectives through rigorous control of investments made by the team: agreements and promotion.
● Elaborates a perfect merchandising strategy.
● Ensures the good forecast of sales in close relation with the logistics department.
● Collaborates with the marketing/trade marketing to develop the brands.
● Takes part in international meetings.
● Ensures the implementation and monitoring of annual, monthly and weekly KPIs: volume, revenue, promotions and allowances.
● Organizes regular meetings with managers from other departments (supply, finance, marketing…) to link close relationships and efficient results’ tracking.
● Be responsible for the proper implementation of the “Commercial Way”.
What You Bring to the Table:
Education: College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent experience);
Business Experience: 10-15 years’ significant experience in negotiation & category management for FMCG market Off Trade.
Ability to manage a team.
Excellence in negotiation.
Analytical skills and ability to find solutions.
Masters all aspects of customer P&L management.
Masters the Office Suite (Excel & Powerpoint).
French, English and Flemish language required
What we offer:
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer premium and equitable pay. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce. We are dedicated to creating a responsible drinking culture, providing a safe, inclusive, and engaging workplace, protecting the environment, and making a positive contribution to our communities.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Europe Division
State: Brussels-Capital Region
Req ID: JR-00002357