Brown-Forman Field Marketing Manager - Premium Whiskey in Chicago, Illinois
Position Title: Field Marketing Manager, Premium Whiskey – Midwest Division
Business Area: NAR Marketing
Location: Chicago, IL
Reports to: Brand Integration Manager (BID) and Division Portfolio Manager (DPM)
To accelerate value share growth where significant geographic, consumer, and or portfolio opportunities exist. Serves as the consumer marketing brand leader within the division and the division champion to the national brand team.
Leads the development, localization, implementation and evaluation of local brand consumer activation programs and plans to maximize growth, trial, awareness, and brand equity, consistent with national brand strategy within assigned Division Priority markets
• Serves as the consumer marketing brand leader within the division and the division champion to the national brand team
• Localizes the National Marketing plans by leveraging national brand promotional platforms and applying local market insights.
• Presents their brand plans annually to division and brand leadership
• Works with Brand teams and key market stakeholders to create local promotions and support materials consistent with brand strategy and equity guidelines.
• Responsible for communicating the brands’ consumer marketing and messaging to the division’s local sales leadership
• Leads the development of the Divisional Consumer Marketing plan including resource allocation and local promotional strategies to translate the national brand plan into a regional brand plan, with a common format/approach used across the group
• Within Priority markets, localizes national platforms and programs. Customizes the national promotion platform to be more relevant to local market trends and nuisances
• Applies local market insights that help identify how and where to best interact with the brands target consumer
• Partners with the Division Territory Portfolio Manager and Division Portfolio Manager to ensure sufficient materials are ordered to support key programs and the regional brand plan that are aligned with brand initiatives
• Within Priority markets and within the brands strategic pillars, seeks opportunities to encourage trail and adoption with the brands targeted consumer via unique local Consumer facing promotions, Social and Digital Media, local media, key influencer/bartender events and Sponsorships
• Identifies, implements, and ensures the proper execution of relevant events and sponsorships
o Establishes relevant partnerships that will improve the overall market plan
• Works with Brand and BF media to identify and implement local media plans
• Responsible for the evaluation of their brands consumer marketing programs and initiatives; makes recommendations for discontinuation or improvement.
• Makes recommendations for program spending and evaluation including report outs to reporting managers
• Provide program and initiative recommendations for continuation, adjustments or discontinuation
• Directs the planning, implementation and evaluation of agency resources
• Provides leadership and direction to our agencies involved with local consumer marketing activities (Greenhouse/Brand Champions, Hive)
• Provides input into local resource allocation decisions and manage local consumer marketing funds (sponsorships, local media, consumer focused tastings, brand events)
• Shares relevant insights across division and informing the national brand team of important trends
• Ability to apply consumer, shopper, category and brand insights, and their related dynamics, to provide value to the Division and our Customer/Distributor selling efforts.
• Champions Brand building by providing brand/category/portfolio expertise and conducts tastings and brand education training
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree with Marketing major preferred, 3+ year’s sales and marketing experience or field marketing experience within the beverage or CPG industry; or equivalent education/experience combination.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills.
• PC proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Excellent strategic and tactical skills; demonstrated ability to implement and adapt national programs to the field.
• Willingness to travel approximately 35-50%, and ability to work nights and weekends as required.
• Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all members of extended brand teams.
• Sound financial skills: Demonstrated ability to create, control, and maintain financial and/or business analyses, including budgets. #AP 1 #TAP #2017GlobalBrandQuilt
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Marketing
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt