Brown-Forman State Manager, On Premise - IL in Chicago, Illinois
Position Title: State Manager, On Premise – IL
Business Area: NAR Sales
Location: Chicago, IL
Reports to: Territory Manager IL/MI
Direct Reports (2): Market Manager, On Premise- Jack Daniel’s Family of Brands; Market Manager, On Premise- Premium Whiskey
Partners with: Key On Premise Distributor Leadership, Key Customer Contacts, Territory Portfolio Manager, Multicultural Market Manager, Field Marketing Managers, Territory Finance Manager, Commercial Specialist, Customer Account Manager, and National Account Manager.
● Leads the On Premise Channel team to understand, develop and implement key customer initiatives across the on-premise channel
● Lead appropriate programming across on-premise channel, allocating resources appropriately
● Establish positive customer rapport at all levels in all assigned accounts
● Brand responsibility includes the entire B-F portfolio
● Collaborates with division teams to ensure superior distributor execution of brand initiatives
● Leads, coaches and develops a Team of 1 Hive Activation Manager in addition to direct reports
● Partners with Field Marketing Managers in Development of Brand Champions (3) and Brand Ambassadors (4) to drive commercial excellence in programming
Planning & Analysis
● Develops and manages budgets and delivers a specific field profit objective for their area of responsibility
● Leads On Premise team to coordinate appropriate dialog on local market feedback for specific brand plans – agree on objectives and priorities
● Coordinate communications of adjustments to plan based on performance and success in the market
● Serve as Illinois “market expert” for strategic planning and programming, collaborating with brand teams, National Account team and distributor leadership to maximize ROI on program executions
Distributor & Agency Management
● Serves as the primary contact with 2 Division Directors, a dedicated and non-dedicated selling division, as well as serving as the primary contact for the Sales Support Team (SWAT) and New Accounts Division.
● Develops and/or ensures proper activation of all programs for the on-premise
● Lead development and oversight of execution for On-Premise pull programming, and all branded initiatives
● Responsible for the implementation and execution of B-F business plan with distributors, and holds them accountable for results
● Monitors and measures performance of Distributor
● Manages third party promotion agency for on-premise (Greenhouse and Hive). Ensures agency team is aligned against BF business and brand plans
● Plan, manage and coordinate special events within the market which include multiple visits from out of state guest with Chicago based events/meetings
● Serve as the key point of contact with key on premise account groups, covering the entire Brown Forman portfolio of brands
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree or experience equivalent, plus 5-7 years sales experience (Beverage Alcohol Industry preferred).
● Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors and accounts and all internal stakeholders.
● Excellent manager and developer of people: demonstrated commitment to providing regular, constructive feedback to business partners; demonstrated coaching ability; ability to objectively assess both skills and potential.
● Demonstrated knowledge of on/off-premise business and three-tier distribution system
● Team leader: Able to build and sustain effective, results-producing teams, within the state, across business functions, and with business partners.
● Action-oriented: Responds in a timely and effective manner to business issues and opportunities.
● Highly organized: capable of meeting multiple deadlines and juggling multiple projects.
● Literate with word processing programs (such as Word), spreadsheet programs (such as Excel), and presentation programs (such as PowerPoint).
● Literate with Google systems, such as Google sheets, Google docs and Google Slides.
● Must be able and willing to travel (by air and car) up to 30% of the time.
● Must have valid state driver’s license.
● Physical ability to lift 60 pounds.
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Sales
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt