Brown-Forman Finance and Strategy Manager- Vodka and Champagne (Remote Work Opportunity, USA Eastern Time Zone) in Cincinnati, Ohio
Meaningful Work From Day One:
This position functions as the strategy, finance, and analytical professional primarily for brand leadership. This position’s primary responsibility is as a strategic thought partner to brand leadership in areas such as understanding and implementing “How Brands Grow” framework, portfolio expansion, pricing strategy, resource allocation, marketing effectiveness, and competitive analysis.
The successful candidate will help develop and support brand growth strategies through timely and actionable analysis and act as a thought partner to the brand team and business leadership with the goal of constantly improving brand and region performance through insight-based decision making and long-term value creation. This specific role will have the lead brand responsibilities for Korbel Champagne and global Finlandia Vodka. This role will additionally support portfolio and B-F Brands wide initiatives such as impairment testing and/or marketing effectiveness. If/as time allows, this role may also provide support for other brands within our Emerging Brands portfolio, in particular our
most recent acquisitions. Given the need to support time zones of these brands, this role must be located in the USA Eastern time zone.
What You Can Expect:
● Serve as a thought partner to the Brand Analytics leadership team by providing high quality analysis and information to drive strategic decisions.
● Primary responsibilities will include leading key strategic projects. Position will play a key role in developing the Brand Analytics Team’s “path forward” in terms of focus areas, clearly defining roles and responsibilities, as well as developing the team’s analytical capabilities.
● Work with brand teams to implement the “How Brands Grow” framework by understanding the main pillars, the strategy the brand team is implementing to increase physical and mental availability, and work to identify clear and effective next steps with brand leadership to continue its implementation. Use this framework to create reach, distribution, prominence, portfolio, price, and meaningful distinction targets to obtain financial goals.
● Conduct analysis that develops, tracks and supports the vision, strategic and financial goals of the brand portfolio. Create KPIs to provide context of brands performance outside of the budget to strive for current year results as well as long term goals and results.
● Analyze and model the financial performance of a portfolio of brands. Analyze the components that drive brand profitability; identify opportunities for gross profit margin and ROI improvement. Proactively identify opportunities for business value improvement; analyze problem areas and help identify solutions; identify, analyze, and make recommendations for additional sources of volume/profit growth. Consolidate and integrate brand information across functions (e.g. consumer, trade, financial) into meaningful insights about brand performance and potential opportunities and communicate to the extended brand team any implications for brand and market strategies.
● Identify and analyze growth opportunities for market expansion and portfolio development and assist the team in prioritizing their opportunities and building the business case for these opportunities. This includes the development of line extensions, new products, and geographic expansion of existing products. Understand the value of each line extension on these brands, its value to the portfolio, cannibalization, and provide recommendations on the number of extensions to maximize gross profit. Provide thoughtful analytics to influence and support execution, investment and value enhancing strategies for existing portfolio proposals as well as new product introductions.
● Collaborate on pricing strategy with global revenue and brand team – track progress, drive toward objectives, identify upside opportunities, analyze significant pricing moves, work with regional and local teams to optimize key market pricing decisions.
● Analyze and influence portfolio resource allocation activities including geographic investment and investment mix optimization. Analyze brand programming for overall marketing effectiveness including recommendations for improvements.
● Develop insights through competitive analysis. Understand strategy and trends of competitors, how it is impacting our business, and leveraging knowledge to drive results. Enable good business decision making through the effective communication of these insights.
● Work with business and finance leadership on ad hoc projects to support the development of brand and commercial priorities by category and/or segment to help influence long term strategy, investment allocation and annual business planning processes.
● Work closely and collaboratively with the corporate and regional finance teams to ensure alignment of views on brand performance, new product development strategy and initiatives and the overall approach on portfolio planning and analysis.
● Work with the Data Science Team and other members of the Advanced Analytics team to apply models and techniques to address business issues and identify business opportunities. Act as an advocate for the adoption of advanced analytics in the organization.
● Partner with internal teams to better understand the use of our resources, specifically in the area of marketing effectiveness. Previous experience in the area of marketing effectiveness is desired, to build broader B-F and team capabilities in this area.
We Are Looking For People Who:
● A bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business, or other business-related degree and 5 years related business and /or financial experience (commercial, brand and/or consumer base analysis)
● Demonstrated business acumen
● Proactive self-starter with intellectual curiosity to go looking for relevant questions to be answered
● Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in financial modeling and analysis
● Demonstrated ability to lead projects with cross-functional teams to meet consensus goals
● Demonstrated oral and written communication skills with ability to discuss financial strategies and translate into actionable plans
● Team contributor who puts the success of the group ahead of personal ambitions
● Exhibit the intellectual integrity and professional maturity to provide management with objective and impartial analysis
● Ability to independently plan and prioritize multiple diverse work projects within the department
● Demonstrated ability and knowledge of various software packages, particularly Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SAP
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Finance
Req ID: JR-00005403