Brown-Forman Logistics Co-ordinator in Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Imagine working for a company that welcomes you in, inspires you to bring your best self to every opportunity, and encourages you to grow and develop your career in a resilient and fun industry. Brown-Forman offers our employees this kind of career and environment and has for more than 150 years. Together, we proudly live and work by our values, striving each day to be better and do better as people, as a company, and as members of the communities we call home.
Many Spirits, One Brown‑Forman- We believe that an inclusive culture, one that values the diversity and unique perspective of each individual, allows us each to bring our best self to work and leads to greater teamwork, creativity, and trust.
Cultivating a Caring Culture- We know that our strong culture is one of the many reasons people love working at Brown‑Forman.
Enriching Life. Enriching Careers- At Brown‑Forman, we craft products known for bringing people together. Our employees have made us what we are today and are the reason for our success. Do not just take our word for it. Brown‑Forman is consistently recognized as a Great Place to Work® in countries around the world.
Come have a seat at our table!
Meaningful Work From Day One
Provide best in class customer service to include the delivery of the Commercial and Operational goals whilst meeting customer expectations.
Ensure timely customer services to Third Party Customers and Inbound/Outbound Logistical and Compliance Support .
What You Can Expect
Key Tasks & Duties:
● Receipt and processing of orders from Contract Bottling Customers, ensuring timely stock availability in line with Customer’s uplift requirements
● Preparation of all relevant despatch documents for the removal of stock from finished goods warehouse in line with HMRC and SOLAS regulatory requirements
● Co-ordination of daily loading plan / bookings from Contract Bottling Customers and Benriach Customer Operations teams
● Control of EMCS/NES customs entry process including weekly reporting and progression of all undischarged entries.
● Administering the Held Stock process ensuring that stock which is held by Production/Quality is held within the system, released of stock as instructed and regular reporting of all Held/Quarantined products.
● Finished goods system stock management ensuring stock locations are accurately maintained and regular, perpetual inventory checks are carried out on physical versus system stock.
● Co-ordination and reconciliation of all Finished Goods Warehouse stocks checks in line with HMRC and Auditor requirements, fully investigating any reported discrepancies.
● Control and issue of Decant Warrants as requested by Production team.
● All administration pertaining to daily W5D/ Deferred Duty Payments, recording of all duty
warrants and weekly reconciliation against HMRC Duty Statements.
● Co-ordination of all inbound Finished Goods , ensuring immediate system stock receipt, production of bar code labels and the verification and discharge of relevant EMCS entry.
● Finished Goods W1 Control - Daily W1 reconciliation of all production, rework and despatches ensuring stock figures balance and submission of month end figures required to complete the HMRC W1 return.
● Booking in of Drivers for loading ensuring all security checks are carried out
● Control of BenRiach, CHEP and 3rd Party Pallet stocks and replenishment
● Control of Vehicle/Container Security Seal Register
● Provision of daily, weekly and monthly production and stock reports to Contract Bottling Customers
What You Bring to the Table
HMRC Compliance experience
Logistics experience within the Manufacturing sector
Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to respond effectively to a variety of enquiries from both internal and external contacts
Excellent written communication skills, specifically the ability to compose well written e-mails Strong Commercial Acumen
What Makes You Unique
-Comprehensive understanding of International Supply Chain processes and procedures – previous Drinks experience highly desirable
-Knowledge in all areas of Import, Export, UK Excise regime and compliance
-Strong IT skills (ERP, E-Customs systems and MS Outlook) – experience of SAP a distinct advantage
What We Offer:
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer equitable pay structures for individual and company performance alongside a premium employee experience. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Supply Chain
Req ID: JR-00006193