Brown-Forman State Manager - South FL in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Position Title: State Manager, South Florida
Business Unit: USA & Canada Sales, Southeast Division
Location: South FL
Reports to: Territory Manager
Direct Reports (4): Manager, Jack Daniel’s Family of Brands-So FL; Market Manager, On Premise- So FL; Market Manager, Off Premise- So FL; Market Manager, Emerging Brands- Miami.
Partners with: Distributor Leadership, State Manager- No FL, Territory Portfolio Managers, Field Marketing Managers, Territory Finance Manager, Commercial Specialist, Customer Account Managers, National Account Managers, Local Agency, Division Wine Manager, Division Chain Manager and Human Resources.
● Serve as coach and leader to South Florida Team, ensuring they progress in their roles, preparing them for future opportunities
● Monitor business performance of team through frequent engagement, standardized performance reviews, and personal development plans
● Ensure local team remains clear on objectives and prioritization of those objectives
Planning & Analysis
● Manage and build brand sales/marketing plans and budgets to meet or exceed the net sales targets developed and approved by Territory Manager and Division Director
● Leads strategic business decisions within South Florida
● With the support of the Territory Portfolio Manager and Finance team; build and communicate the brand commercial plans to Distributor Leadership - agree on objectives, targets, priorities and budgets
● Lead pricing strategies that are unique to market in partnership with the TFM. Drive proactive, Net Sales positive, solutions to possible business challenges. Must be able to plan based on long term outlook.
● Analyze and plan channel business; off-premise independent, chain merchandising execution and on-premise for South Florida
● Lead evaluation and adjustment to plans based on performance and success in the market
● Monitor and communicate competitive, consumer and pricing activity and make changes or recommendations to Territory Manager, Territory Finance Manager and Territory Portfolio Manager
● Serves as local conduit for implementation and execution of National Account Group on-premise & off-premise programming in partnership with the CAM & DCM
● Leads TPS review meetings with distributors
Distributor & Agency Management
● Serves as a primary contact with distributor leadership
● Collaborates with distributor South Florida Channel Division Leads, Branch Managers & Channel Directors for oversight of business management and execution
● Responsible for the execution of all South Florida commercial plans with the distributor team, and holding them accountable to agreed upon targets/goals in the on-premise and off-premise general market
● Monitors and measures performance of all general market distributor activities that affect Brown-Forman brands
● Collaborate with Territory Manager to plan and utilize distributor investment, brand spending and brand activity support
● Applying responsible conduct and behavior to all things that you do that affect our company, products, distributor, customers and agency
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree plus 5-7 years sales experience (Beverage Alcohol Industry preferred), or 9-11 years of years sales experience within Beverage Alcohol Industry.
● Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors and accounts and all internal stakeholders.
● Excellent manager and developer of people: demonstrated commitment to providing regular, constructive feedback to business partners; demonstrated coaching ability; ability to objectively assess both skills and potential.
● Demonstrated knowledge of on- and off-premise business and three-tier distribution system
● Team leader: Able to build and sustain effective, results-producing teams, within the state, across business functions, and with business partners.
● Action-oriented: Responds in a timely and effective manner to business issues and opportunities.
● Highly organized: capable of meeting multiple deadlines and juggling multiple projects.
● Literate with word processing programs (such as Word), spreadsheet programs (such as Excel), and presentation programs (such as PowerPoint).
● Must be able and willing to travel (by air and car) up to 50% of the time.
● Must have valid state driver’s license.
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Sales
City: Ft. Lauderdale
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt