Brown-Forman Field Sales Executive in Glasgow, United Kingdom
What’s It Like To Work Here
Imagine working for a company that welcomes you in, inspires you to bring your best self to every opportunity, and encourages you to grow and develop your career in a resilient and fun industry. Brown-Forman offers our employees this kind of career and environment and has for more than 150 years. Together, we proudly live and work by our values, striving each day to be better and do better as people, as a company, and as members of the communities we call home. Come have a seat at our table.
Many Spirits, One Brown‑Forman - We believe that an inclusive culture, one that values the diversity and unique perspective of each individual, allows us each to bring our best self to work and leads to greater teamwork, creativity, and trust.
Cultivating a Caring Culture - We know that our strong culture is one of the many reasons people love working at Brown‑Forman.
Enriching Life. Enriching Careers - At Brown‑Forman, we craft products known for bringing people together. Our employees have made us what we are today and are the reason for our success. Do not just take our word for it. Brown‑Forman is consistently recognized as a Great Place to Work® in countries around the world.
Meaningful Work From Day One
Brown- Forman has an ambition and focus to grow our On Trade business and the Field Sales Executive role is integral to our success. Part of the on-trade sales team, the key responsibility in this role is to grow our
independent on-trade business and relationships within the specified territory and or cities which results in building Brown-Forman's portfolio presence. You will be expected to grow, distribution, value, volume, brand education, visibility, and promotional activations for the B-F portfolio to win in the on trade. The role reports to the Regional Sales Manager.
You will have the exciting opportunity to manage your own sales territory and make your mark. With support from the Regional Sales Manager you will take on the responsibility of developing and implementing the strategic regional plan and from that execute your own territory plan. This will include territory sales, distribution, promotional goals and commercial strategies for your area, taking ownership of growing the business and evaluating sales results to evolve your plans.
What You Can Expect
This position will be required to be on territory 75% of the time.
Strategic Relationships and Partnerships
● Sustain and grow day to day relationships with all defined territory customers
● Work with Customer to deliver Business Plans and firstly grow value and then volume
● Work with National Regional Account Executive identify new opportunities and prospect for new openings and sign up new relevant accounts for our brands
● Build strong internal relationships across Brown-Forman’s UK operation and wider On Trade team through collaborative working
● Be a key On-Trade point of contact for the business in your region attending events and building key relationships at appropriate events and activities
Drive for results
● Journey plan and prepare for customer meetings within the Salesforce platform in a time bound and organised manner
● Maintain a live territory plan for internal use
● Create robust Account Plans for regional premium influencer accounts which deliver value and volume growth YoY in line with key KPIs
● With the support of the RSM, effectively plan and control of the company's budget and resources
● Utilise the CRM system fully
● Comply with all sales processes and tools
● Always follow corporate and social responsibility guidelines
● With the support of the RSM execute, manage and evaluate incentive plans for staff and decision makers
● With a value mindset negotiate and renew annual and seasonal commercial agreements with account(s) which align to the On Trade sales strategy
● Develop and execute experiences and/or brand activities that encourage the tasting and repurchase of our portfolio. Coordinate training of staff, account owners and consumers by working closely with the Customer Marketing team
● Carry out quarterly reviews with all contracted outlet partners
● Maximise the presence and prominence of our portfolio at each venue
● Inspire at team meetings by sharing of best practice
● Trade tours and time in trade with key business stakeholders
● Sell in products and ensure availability of the brands according to our picture of success
● Ensure that the pricing strategy of our brands is correctly implemented in each account
● Daily and Weekly update of the information of all visited outlets in the systems
● Monitoring and reporting of own activities and competition
● Monitoring and complying with administrative activities of the channel
What You Bring to The Table
● Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
● Understanding of the UK On Trade
● Established network of key individuals/businesses within local area
● Understanding of sales negotiation and results oriented mindset
● Collaborative and cross functional approach to working
● Strong communication skills (influencing, listening, presentations, written)
● Full UK Driving Licence
What Makes You Unique
● Prior Experience within wine and spirits or luxury FMCG industries
Nothing Better On The Market
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer equitable pay structures for individual and company performance alongside a premium employee experience. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce.
Please find below some highlights of the competitive benefits that we offer:
Medical & dental insurance;
Paid gym membership;
Financial wellbeing benefit;
Along with global career opportunities.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Europe Division
Req ID: JR-00006741