Brown-Forman Accountant-One year Fixed term Contract in Gurgaon, India
As a member of Emerging Asia Finance team, this position will provide accounting and finance support for the Hong Kong entity (which mainly includes Hong Kong, Macau, Mongolia). The support includes:
1) Ensuring that the Hong Kong entity’s books are financially organized monthly and comply with both HKFRS and US GAAP
2) Acting as the key person to liaise with auditor, tax representative, etc. and complete all statutory requirements
3) Providing financial information or reports to different functional teams by analyzing accounting data with recommendations
4) Ensuring that requests raised by internal business partners on Hong Kong entity from accounting, tax and controls’ perspectives are fulfilled
5) Collaborating with different functional teams and look for process improvement areas
6) Assisting the Accounting Manager with other markets as required
Manage monthly closing activities on a timely manner, including, but not limited to balance sheet flux analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries preparation, inter-company balance reconciliation, quarterly income tax reporting package, fixed asset rollforward, etc.
Act as the subject matter expert of Concur, an employee expense processing system. Be responsive to Hong Kong teams’ questions
Act as liaison with external auditor and tax representative in order to complete all statutory filing requirements on time
Summarize current financial status for Hong Kong’s entity by collecting information, preparing for balance sheet, income statement and other management reports on a timely manner with high accuracy
Recommend actions by analyzing accounting options to business partners
Maintain accounting and internal controls and provide recommendations on policies
Respond timely to the requests raised by various functional teams, such as Senior Management in Hong Kong office, Accounting, Finance, Internal Audit, Tax, Treasury, Supply Chain, Financial Planning and Analysis, Sales and Marketing, etc.
Collaborate with different functional teams to drive process improvements, systems implementation, etc.
Assist in other ad-hoc tasks as assigned
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Finance
Req ID: JR-00000698