Brown-Forman Digital Marketing Media Manager - Germany (m/f/d) in Hamburg, Germany
With the accelerated expansion of the digital economy and as the lines between the physical and digital worlds continue to merge, Brown-Forman has created a new community called Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC). This new way of working will:
Better integrate how we connect and engage with consumers across all forms of media
Grow our e-commerce capability to ensure our brands can be purchased in the time, place, and manner most convenient for our consumers
Fully optimize our brand assets to have the highest impact on consumers across platforms we own (such as websites) and those we do not (such as social media)
Leverage more relevant and timely data to rapidly and continuously adapt our approach to marketing and selling
The Brown-Forman Integrated Marketing Communications Center for Excellence will manage platforms, processes, and best practices, and ensure a linked “ecosystem” across the global IMC community. This new team represents our commitment to digital and e-commerce transformation and will be a growth driver for our brands for generations to come. Internally your title will be IMC Manager.
What You Will Do in This Role:
This role is to partner with the Germany Marketing Director & Brand Teams in developing and executing the Integrated Marketing Communications strategy for Germany.
The role is to co-develop with the brand leaders for Germany Brand communication strategy and also support the Germany marketing team in improving the processes and implementation of communications plans and evaluating results.
The role will work across communication disciplines including media, CRM, websites, search, e-commerce, communications analytics and content management.
This role will have 2 direct reports and report to the Marketing Director - Germany & Czechia. It sets direction, communicating best practice and optimizing the overall communications planning process for Germany,
Who is Brown-Forman Germany?
For more than 150 years, the Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the lives of generations with high-quality alcoholic brands.
On the German market, Hamburg-based Brown-Forman Deutschland GmbH distributes and markets a selection of premium and super premium spirits from the international portfolio. These include the American Whiskeys JACK DANIEL'S Tennessee Whiskey and Woodford Reserve as well as the Scotch whiskys Benriach and The GlenDronach. Fords Gin, FINLANDIA Vodka, the tequilas EL JIMADOR and HERRADURA and the CHAMBORD liqueur round off the range.
Around 4,800 employees worldwide look after the brands from Brown-Forman, which are sold in approximately 170 countries. The company, which has been family-run since 1870, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange. In Germany, the company has around 150 employees and is again certified as a Great Place to Work© in 2020/2021 . Brown-Forman advocates for the responsible enjoyment of alcohol through global and local initiatives.
What You Can Expect:
Works with the Germany Marketing Team, Germany Key account and sales teams, Global IMC Center of Excellence team & Global IMC teams, to achieve excellence in the following areas:
1) Germany Communications Excellence:
● Is the Brown-Forman subject matter expert on Integrated Marketing Communications for Germany.
● Together with the Germany Marketing Director brand teams “Joins the dots” in Germany across communication disciplines including media, social, on-line video, CRM, search, website, data and analytics, content and e-commerce across the consumer and shopper journey.
● Acts as a thought partner to the Germany marketing team on how best to formulate and communicate brand and portfolio communication strategy to reflect the strategic goals of building brand difference (Meaningful Difference) and relevance to buying motivations (Contextual relevance).
2) Campaign Measurement & Optimization
● Partners with CoE on campaign measurement, evaluation and optimisation. Building understanding of data, tools and metrics for campaign evaluation.
● Build a thorough understanding of the global CoE process for setting pre and post performance metrics for IMC campaigns.
● Looks to optimize both pre and post campaign evaluation and dynamic optimization within campaigns.
3) Content Management and Optimization:
● Implements and where necessary adapts global Content Strategy and the Global Content Calendar in collaboration with marketing & sales teams..
● Works closely with Germany stakeholders across brand and e-commerce programs leveraging global content as much as possible to increase efficiency and reduce creative development and agency feesl.
4) Collaboration & Best Practice:
● Shares learning & best practice on communications initiatives (media & content) across global, market and region. Encourages cross-market communication and sharing.
● Provides a single point of connection with Global IMC CoE and global media and creative agency partners (where required)
We Are Looking For Someone Who Has:
● Demonstrable experience working across both client and agency sides in media and marketing disciplines.
● Significant experience working across the Germany media landscape and strong knowledge of Germany media channels.
● Extensive Consumer brand experience in this field is a must for this role ideally in a fast moving consumer goods or luxury brand company (i.e. not a B2B environment).
● Demonstrated strategic thinking across media, social, on-line video, CRM, search, website, data and analytics, content and e-commerce.
● Strong understanding of marketing principles and brand growth strategy.
● Evidence of impactful strategic thinking and complex project management within a communications environment.
● Experience managing a team of direct or indirect reports.
Nothing Better in the Market:
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure our sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer premium and equitable pay & bonus for individual and company performance. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce.
At Brown-Forman Germany, some highlights of the competitive benefits we are flexible working options for a better work-life balance, family service, product allowance, gym cooperation, company pension as well as the opportunity to get involved in one of our employee resource groups on topics that go beyond your actual job and broaden your horizons.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Europe Division
Req ID: JR-00002374