Brown-Forman Finance Director - Germany/Czechia/Slovakia (m/f/d) in Hamburg, Germany
Meaningful Work From Day One
This role is first and foremost a leadership role integral to the B-F Leadership team. The key responsibility as a team member is to be a steward of the organization culture, driving a unified purpose across the commercial organization by being an active and collaborative member of the Leadership Team. Pivotal to this role is the ability to inspire, motivate, empower and develop our teams and beyond.
What You Can Expect
● Serves as a core member of the German Leadership Team
● Provides strong leadership and direction to local/country Finance and Accounting teams
● Serves as the key advisor to the Managing Director and the leadership teams of the individual markets by analyzing and interpreting business results & trends, and recommending strategic initiatives to drive growth in revenue, reduce costs, and grow profit
● Establishes procedures and systems necessary for concise, accurate, periodic financial reports
● Partners with the corporate function to oversee the whole range of accounting, tax, treasury, and financial issues related to various distribution models within the region
● Issues accurate financial forecasts on the current state of the business and oversees the planning and forecasting process and interpretation and presentation of such information
● Works with Accounting, Credit and Transactions (ACT) to develop policies and procedures
● Assesses the B-F value chain in order to identify opportunities that optimizes Brown-Forman’s value creation
● Leads and champions the development of revenue management capabilities throughout the regional finance organization
● Clearly articulates finances role within the organization and the strategic direction of the finance organization
What You Bring to the Table
● MBA degree plus minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, or Bachelor’s degree plus 15 years relevant experience
● Demonstrated ability to apply sound business judgment to analytical projects and provide advice to management based on the analysis.
● Demonstrated ability to independently prepare financial and/or strategic analysis with accuracy and within an established time frame.
● Proven track record of successful related work within a changing environment and leadership with a multi-functional team to work in a matrix organization
● Proven leadership, strategic thinking and coaching abilities
● Understanding of all financial activities and structures across the region
● Outstanding oral and written communications skills with the ability to develop and integrate comprehensive marketing, sales and production plans as well as to discuss financial strategies and translate into actionable plans
● Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to operate in a collaborative manner
● Fluent English, both spoken and written and fluent German is an added advantage
What Makes You Unique
● Prior Experience in wine and spirits or luxury FMCG industries
● Experience with long-range planning models
● Experience in pricing and promotional analysis, particularly in spirits environment
● Leads a diverse and inclusive culture where different perspectives are encouraged and individuals feel connected and valued
Who We Are
Imagine working for a company that welcomes you in, inspires you to bring your best self to every opportunity, and encourages you to grow and develop your career in a resilient and fun industry. Brown-Forman offers our employees this kind of career and environment and has for more than 150 years.
Together, we proudly live and work by our values, striving each day to be better and do better as people, as a company, and as members of the communities we call home. Come have a seat at our table!
Many Spirits, One Brown‑Forman - We believe that an inclusive culture, one that values the diversity and unique perspective of each individual, allows us each to bring our best self to work and leads to greater teamwork, creativity, and trust.
Cultivating a Caring Culture- We know that our strong culture is one of the many reasons people love working at Brown‑Forman.
Enriching Life. Enriching Careers - At Brown‑Forman, we craft products known for bringing people together. Our employees have made us what we are today and are the reason for our success. Do not just take our word for it. Brown‑Forman is consistently recognized as a Great Place to Work® in countries around the world.
What We Offer
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer equitable pay structures for individual and company performance alongside a premium employee experience. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Europe Division
Req ID: JR-00006855