Brown-Forman Regional Marketing Director Emerging Asia/IMENA in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
The overall responsibility of the Marketing Director is brand value creation and leading the Marketing Organization in the assigned region. The Marketing Director is a senior leader in the organization, part of the regional leadership team. Working with the regional managing director, the finance director and the commercial directors, the role is responsible for setting the strategic direction for the business that delivers 1.2M 9L c/s (+9%); SNS $90M (+11%) and Operating Income of $30M (+14%) and includes the two most populous countries in the world, China and India.
The role is responsible for developing and overseeing the implementation of the Marketing and Portfolio strategies for the region, building the capability of the overall marketing team and providing leadership to the brand and marketing directors. The role collaborates with multiple internal stakeholders, including the global brand and portfolio teams and corporate support teams as well as with their peers in other regions.
• Defines long-term marketing strategy for the region, including portfolio strategy, ensuring that it is in alignment with overall Global Marketing/Brands Strategy.
• Coordinates the development of the brand strategies across the region and approves the country marketing strategies/plans via the regional business planning process.
• Participates as a member of the regional Leadership team by providing input and leadership to influence company’s operations, strategic development, business and portfolio strategies and special projects as necessary, and reports agreed-upon metrics to team.
• Develops long-term brand plans and oversees their integration into annual plans.
• Identifies and evaluates the potential of current / future opportunities in the market, including new categories/brands/trademark innovation
• Seeks out portfolio development opportunities and synergies.
• Provides marketing leadership for the region’s long-term strategic planning process.
Region Marketing Organization
• Defines and leads the region marketing team, comprised of over XX marketing professionals.
• Ensures that the marketing organization in the region is structured to effectively deliver the business needs.
• Ensures that the capabilities of the marketing teams are developed in line with the global capability framework.
• Builds a talent pipeline of capable individuals, ensuring a comprehensive succession plan for key marketing roles in region.
• Key decision maker in appointments of Area/Country Marketing Directors and other key in-Country marketing positions.
• Provides direct leadership and talent development to the regional marketing teams, through direct reports.
• Provides input into the performance evaluations of the Area/Country Commercial Directors.
• Acts as primary point of contact and voice for region Marketing on all aspects that are cross-portfolio, contributing a regional perspective in the development of global marketing strategy and plans.
• Provides expert input on internal and external factors affecting region markets.
• Provides input into key Area/Country agency appointments.
• Responsible for both long-term and annual region marketing budget/resource allocation and prioritization.
• Responsible for ensuring optimal spending of the combined region’s marketing budget of $XX million.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: International
City: Hong Kong
Req ID: JR-00000828