Brown-Forman Business Analyst - West Division in Irvine, California
Position Title: Business Analyst – West Division
Business Area: USA&C Sales – West Division
Location: Any State in the West Division (CA, WA, OR, NV, AZ, UT, WY, MT, CO)
Reports to: Division Finance Manager (DFM)
Maintains strong connections with Territory Finance Mangers and Division Senior Financial Analyst to ensure strong alignment with division and market level tactical needs.
All USA&C Finance employees are expected to exhibit the following capabilities:
Developing strong analytics.
Providing strong stewardship around financial resources.
Continuing to look for gains in operational efficiencies.
Gaining a thorough understanding of the commercial and brand operations of the business.
Partnering with the sales and marketing organizations.
Outstanding oral and written communication skills with the ability to discuss financial/business strategies and translate into actionable plans.
Keeping overall USA&C finance capabilities in mind, Business Analysts are expected to:
Partner with centralized resources (MPG) to drive and implement pricing and margin analytics across the division.
Working with TFM’s and centralized MPG resources, provide ongoing tactical support for price structure and reimbursements platforms.
Execute against organizational-wide analytical priorities by promoting a culture of analytics.
Support commercial management processes and systems.
Pricing & Margin Analysis
● Partnering with MPG, promote and ensure consistent use of systems and processes in the pricing and margin management areas within local markets.
● Help expand knowledge of pricing and discounting decision across the full value chain.
● Provide analytical insights and support to local teams (DFM, TFM’s, local commercial teams) in the area of revenue, margin and profitability optimization. This includes, but is not limited to, providing analytical insights and optimization ideas for pricing and margins across deal levels, brands/expressions/SKU’s, channels/customers, distributors and markets.
● Support distributor and channel margin analytics (cost to serve by channel).
Tactical Price Structures and Reimbursements Platforms Support
● Maintain high level of expertise in B-F price structures and reimbursements processes.
● Assist with maintenance of price structures, ensuring price structures/deal levels remain up-to-date and reflective of market conditions.
● Provide support with fulfilling CCD pricing requests and with pricing administration processes.
● Provide support in managing the discounting reimbursements process, including (but not limited to) resolving exceptions by eliminating data and price structures gaps and by providing knowledge on deal level details and agreed upon support levels.
Promote a Culture of Analytics
● Collaborate across functions (finance, sales and marketing) to align analytical efforts against USA&C leadership defined priorities.
● Help lead the development of analytical capabilities, driving from performing analysis to formulating insights to making decisions. Areas of analysis can include consumer, customer, pricing, promotion, media effectiveness, etc., incorporating best practice communication/story telling methods.
● Provide coaching to business partners on analytical capabilities; demonstrate an analytics culture to the organization.
● With oversight from manager, conduct descriptive and predictive analysis both independently and collaboratively across assigned geographies.
● Work closely with centralized resources (including IT) to efficiently and effectively deliver data/information.
Supporting Commercial Management Processes & Systems
● Gift/Product allocations inputs.
● Depletion flash process.
● Financial close (accruals, journal entries) support.
● Distributor Investment Fund support and reconciliation.
● Ad hoc reporting and presentations support (TPS, T2T, etc.).
Must have Requirements:
Education/Experience: A Bachelor’s Degree with 3 to 5 years of business experience with a multi-national consumer products goods company or equivalent experience.
● Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in producing high quality marketing, sales and/or financial analysis.
● Demonstrated intellectual curiosity, passion for problem solving and strong diagnostic skills in order to connect the dots and provide a thorough business analysis.
● Demonstrated creativity and innovative approaches in solving analytical problems.
● Demonstrated expertise utilizing various data sources (e.g. Nielsen, NABCA, RAD/SAM2, Financial, Consumer Insights, Spectra, etc.) for analysis.
● Demonstrated business acumen, sound business judgment and ability to provide advice to management based on the analysis.
● Ability to learn econometric modeling concepts with the ability to interpret the output, communicate the business insights, and influence business decisions throughout the organization.
● A proactive self-starter with a strong consultative customer approach to their work with an understanding that benefit only occurs if a business decision made as a result of the analytical work.
● The ability to take national level analysis and work with local finance/sales teams to localize the analysis in order to make the work actionable.
● Ability to work both independently and within a team while putting the success of the group ahead of personal ambitions.
● Personal honesty and integrity: the ability to effectively handle confidential information and materials.
● Exhibit the intellectual integrity and professional maturity to provide management with objective and impartial analysis.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills, relationship building and influencing skills with the ability to collaborate with partners across a broad organization (Sales, Marketing, Linkage, Finance).
● Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and ability to be proficient with relevant database and business warehouse programs (e.g. SAP, BEx, Nielsen Nitro).
● Up to 25% travel required.
● Commercial finance experience.
● A Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, statistics or mathematics
● Experience with pricing software and data sources.
● Beverage alcohol industry experience.
● Exposure to pricing analytics and revenue management.
● Involvement in distributor pricing in a multi-tiered route to market.
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Sales
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt