Brown-Forman Senior Accounting Specialist - Turkey in Istanbul, Turkey
Imagine working for a company that welcomes you in, inspires you to bring your best self to every opportunity, and encourages you to grow and develop your career in a resilient and fun industry. Brown-Forman offers our employees this kind of career and environment and has for more than 150 years. Together, we proudly live and work by our values, striving each day to be better and do better as people, as a company, and as members of the communities we call home. Come have a seat at our table.
Meaningful Work From Day One:
Provide a broad range of financial accounting services in timely & accurate manner. Ensuring Brown-Forman’s financial records are maintained in accordance with generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), management reporting and local statutory requirements. Preparation of monthly management reports (including P&L and GL reconciliations).
What You Can Expect:
Financial Records / Responsibilities:
● Responsible for ensuring timely execution & accuracy of all financial records, including financial statements and general ledger data working closely with Accounting Manager
● Serves as a first point of contact & business partner to the respective operating units. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including month end closing, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and financial forecasting activities.
● Supervises & ensures an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close. Handling and monitoring the daily accounting and finance transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
● Ensures the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
● Assisting accounting manager for daily and monthly cash position / flow and bank operations
● Responsible for month end close in Material Ledger system (COGS). Booking VAT month end related transactions.
● Supervising reconciliations of vendors & customers and bank accounts
● During Month end, ensures that all necessary Accruals are booked.
● Books transactions related to Fixed Asset Accounting
● Ensures vendor files are updated (vendor master data)
● Assisting in Ad hoc projects
Reporting and analysis
● Responds to inquiries from the Country Accounting Manager, Finance Manager, Regional Controller,
and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and
● Preparation of A&P and Discount reports.
● Monitors and analyzes work processes to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources
while maintaining a high level of accuracy to enhance the workflow of the department.
What You Bring To The Table:
● Min 5 years’ post qualified experience in accounting
● Big 4 experience is preferred
● Strong knowledge of accounting and tax
● Ability to work under constant deadlines and multi task
● Fluency in both written and spoken English
What You Can Add to the Team:
● Excellent PC skills in Excel and SAP
● CPA Accounting qualification
● Experience in the FMCG or liquor industry
● USGAAP and IFRS knowledge
What’s it like to work here:
Brown-Forman is one of the largest American-owned global spirits companies. For over 150 years, Brown‑Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands. Brown-Forman Turkey is a certified great place to work for 2022-2023!
Brown - Forman Turkey has been operated with its own distribution since 2012.Turkey operation covers Turkey and North Cyprus. Brown-Forman Turkey has also a very strong portfolio including Jack Daniel's family of brands, Woodford Reserve, GlenDronach, Benriach, Glenglassaugh, Finlandia, Chambord, Herradura, El Jimador and Fords Gin.
Brown‑Forman’s brands are supported by more than 5.000 employees and sold in more than 170 countries worldwide.
Nothing Better in the Market:
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer equitable pay structures for individual and company performance alongside a premium employee experience. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce.
At Brown-Forman Turkey, we can offer a competitive benefits package including, but not limited to, participation in private health insurance for you and for your direct family, private pension plan, flexible working options, vacation days above the statutory, gym allowance, transportation fee and lunch ticket along with global career opportunities.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Finance
Req ID: JR-00005190