Brown-Forman Customer Marketing Executive - Waitrose, Premium Retailers & Whiskey Specialists - Maternity Cover (Field Based) in London, United Kingdom
Imagine working for a company that welcomes you in, inspires you to bring your best self to every opportunity, and encourages you to grow and develop your career in a resilient and fun industry. Brown-Forman offers our employees this kind of career and environment and has for more than 150 years. Together, we proudly live and work by our values, striving each day to be better and do better as people, as a company, and as members of the communities we call home. Come have a seat at our table .
Meaningful Work From Day One
In this role you will provide support to maximise value and commercial impact for our portfolio of brands with customers such as Waitrose within our Premium Retailer sales team as well as customers within our Whiskey Specialists Sales team.
With the support from the Customer Marketing Manager you will be responsible for the execution of customer activation plans with Premium Retailers. You will ensure that all activation plans address the portfolio, consumer challenges and opportunities whilst exciting customers about B-F brands.
This will be a 12 month maternity cover.
What You Can Expect:
● Proactively drive and be responsible for your own personal development, seek out on-going appreciative and constructive feedback.
● Collaboratively work with your manager on coaching and development plans through regular sessions throughout the year.
● Engage within the company’s vision and direction by making an active contribution to building the company.
● Embrace B-F values through a diverse and inclusive culture where different perspectives are encouraged, and individuals feel connected and valued.
● Support the delivery of the commercial financial targets versus annual budget.
● With support from the Customer Marketing Manager you are responsible for delivering key customer marketing plans to achieve annual volume and value targets with the creation, development and implementation of customer strategic activations. The activations should address the brand portfolio consumer, shopper challenges and opportunities.
● Contribute to the development and execution of customer activations with a wider cross functional team by ensuring that customer specific requirements and best practice are considered.
● Understand consumer vision and brand proposition for each brand in the portfolio. Ensure that each brand's proposition is brought to life through customer activation plans.
● Using brand developed distinctive assets and toolkits work with agency partners to create customer activity briefs including design, POSM, sales promotion outlining requirements, timings and budgets. Ensuring that all outputs conform to legal and brand guidelines.
● Support the Sales team in the management of customer P&L through understanding the impact your customer marketing activations contribute to driving B-F UK value agenda.
● Translate the brand proposition into the customer marketing activations to grow P&L for the brand portfolio and customer by collaborating with Consumer Marketing teams to ensure the consumer proposition clearly links to shopper and customer propositions.
● Input into the situation analysis of customer, business issues and opportunities across the portfolio to inform the customer and channel activation strategies & plans to unlock volume and value growth.
● Track customer marketing activations budgets including raising PO’s, GRN and Customer Marketing budgets.
● Pre & post evaluate customer activations to ensure that they deliver against agreed KPI’s, Critical Success Factors and ROI. Input activity insight and customer specific learnings into the development of annual cycle plans.
● Develop long term key customer relationships with Customer Buying and Marketing teams to ensure that brand / shopper activations are meeting customer strategies and challenges.
● Ensure launch plans, activation compliance and all activity programs remain aligned to brand and channel activation strategies.
● Seek buy-in and gain approval from Channel Marketing Manager and Department Heads on key projects.
● Work with sales teams on the execution of activation plans instore and outlet. Collaborate in the reviewing of the effectiveness of all customer activations.
● Detailed understanding of Customers with whom you will be responsible for creating activation plans with.
● Actively and regularly visit the trade including concept stores, seminars and champion adopting a local store to partner with. Gain an in-depth understanding of the operational challenges of retail on a day to day basis.
Measure of Success
● Deliver the customer plans on time and on budget and they contribute to the overall delivery of the commercial target set by the company measured through forecast review and EPOS performance.
● Activation delivery to the pre-agreed evaluation criteria from KPI’s and Critical Success Factors.
● Personal performance measured through feedback, annual and monthly (checkin) reviews
We Are Looking For People Who Have:
● A qualification in marketing/business or equivalent experience
● Experience in point of purchase execution
● Good interpersonal skills; able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of internal and external contacts and with diverse cultures.
● Strong commercial acumen skills
● Excellent analytical skills being able to identify trends and patterns.
● Prior experience in wine and spirits or FMCG companies
What’s It Like To Work Here:
Our vision is to transform B-F UK to be the industry leading organization by delivering top tier results, through building a diverse culture that inspires people, celebrates teamwork and rewards agility.
Just six months after launching its newly independent organisation in the United Kingdom, Brown-Forman UK was officially certified as a Great Place to Work and a Centre of Excellence in Wellbeing in 2020-2021. “Being certified as a Great Place to Work is a testament to the commitment, hard work and enthusiasm of everyone in our new organisation.”-Jeremy Shepherd, Brown-Forman, Vice President, General Manager, UK & Ireland.
We believe all employees can realize the true value of diversity and inclusion and create a stronger, more competitive organization where each employee has the opportunity to reach their desired potential. In the UK we have a Diversity Council consisting of our UK Leadership Team and also four employee resource groups for our employees: GROW (Growing Remarkable Outstanding Women), YP (Young Professionals) SEED (Supporting & Elevating Ethnically Diversity) and PRIDE (LGBTQI+).
Nothing Better In The Market:
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure our sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer premium and equitable pay & bonus for individual and company performance. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce.
In Brown-Forman UK, some highlights of the competitive benefits we offer include, but not limited to, medical/dental insurance, flexible-working options, product allowance and gym membership; along with global career opportunities.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Europe Division
Req ID: JR-00003130