Brown-Forman Customer Service Manager, UK & Ireland in London, United Kingdom
Imagine working for a company that welcomes you in, inspires you to bring your best self to every opportunity, and encourages you to grow and develop your career in a resilient and fun industry. Brown-Forman offers our employees this kind of career and environment and has for more than 150 years. Together, we proudly live and work by our values, striving each day to be better and do better as people, as a company, and as members of the communities we call home. Come have a seat at our table .
Meaningful Work From Day One:
The Customer Service Manager will be responsible for controlling and managing customer service processes for Brown-Forman UK and Global Travel Retail. This includes developing and measuring KPI’s in customer service and distribution area in order to deliver against customer expectations.
Pivotal to this role, you will be responsible for leading a team of Customer Service Specialists, ensuring they provide reliable and professional customer care throughout the entire customer experience. You will build strong relationships with customers, internal teams and 3PLs, monitoring service level KPIs and challenging delivery issues. You will manage workflow and effectively delegate duties across the Customer Service team.
What You Can Expect:
Customer Service Leadership
● A key member of the Supply Chain team, providing input and leadership to manage all elements of customer service across Brown-Forman UK & Ireland
Team Management & Development
● Provides strong leadership and direction to local/country Customer Service team with 4 direct reports
● Acts as a role model of B-F values and culture
● Leads a diverse and inclusive culture where different perspectives are encouraged and individuals feel connected and valued
● Builds and develops bench strength to fuel Brown-Forman regionally and globally with ready talent
● In collaboration with HR department, identify the organizational capability gaps and addresses them through appropriate learning and development programs
● Being the first point of contact for all customer service aspects
● Develop and achieve performance goals and objectives in order to meet and exceed customer expectations
● Ensure proper function of customer service processes and procedures. Monitor and advise on any changes to sales order policy.
● Respond to customer requests and queries in a timely manner
● Build strong relationships with external contacts at Brown-Forman’s largest customers and run Service Performance review
● Monitor 3PL OTIF performance, challenge order/delivery issues and run weekly KPI reviews to analyze root causes of issues, identify on corrective actions and align on accuracy of reporting
● Communicating with logistics providers concerning customer requests
Order Management and Distribution
● Manage orders and shipments to all domestic and travel retail customers
● Review on a daily basis orders reports to ensure a smooth flow of goods in line with B-F delivery terms and invoicing process
● Cooperate with third party logistics providers regarding distribution
● Optimise distribution and transport costs
What You Bring To The Table:
● Extensive and varied experience in customer service/distribution
● Experience in the FMCG industry
● Excellent manager and talent developer in a diverse culture - demonstrated commitment to providing regular, constructive feedback to teams; demonstrated coaching ability; ability to objectively assess both skills and potential of talent
● Proven track record of successful related work within a changing environment
● Proven leadership, strategic thinking and decision-making abilities
● Demonstrated ability to make decisions independently based on logical assumptions and factual information
● Strong interpersonal skills; able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of internal and external contacts and with diverse cultures
What You Can Add to the Team:
● Prior Experience in wine and spirits
● SAP experience
● Excellent excel and presentation skills and translating financial information in a clear, concise and visually appealing way
● Self-starter with proven ability to identify issues and projects, plan and prioritize with demonstrated ability to organise and manage multiple projects to completion by specific deadlines
● Superior communication skills (influencing, listening, presentations, written)
● Ability to build strong relationships at all levels with strong stakeholder awareness
● Collaborative team player, with conflict management skills
What’s It Like To Work Here:
Our vision for Brown-Forman UK is to be the industry leading organisation by delivering top tier results, through building a diverse culture that inspires people, celebrates teamwork and rewards agility.
Just six months after launching its newly independent organisation in the United Kingdom, Brown-Forman UK was officially certified as a Great Place to Work and a Centre of Excellence in Wellbeing in 2020-2021. We are thrilled to announce most recently Brown-Forman UK, for the second year in a row, has been certified as a Great Place to Work in 2021-2022 again and Excellence in Wellbeing reaching the Top Ten employers within the Medium Sized category of employers, and number one in beverage alcohol companies.
We believe all employees can realise the true value of diversity and inclusion and create a stronger, more competitive organisation where each employee has the opportunity to reach their desired potential. In the UK we have a Diversity Council consisting of our UK Leadership Team and also four employee resource groups (ERGs) for our employees: GROW (Growing Remarkable Outstanding Women), YP (Young Professionals), SEED (Supporting & Elevating Ethnically Diversity) and PRIDE (LGBTQI+). Alongside these ERGs we have various committees such as Alcohol Responsibility, Sustainability and Livewell teams that have great engagement within the business and make a great difference to the environment we work in.
Nothing Better in the Market:
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer equitable pay structures for individual and company performance alongside a premium employee experience. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce.
In Brown-Forman UK, some highlights of the competitive benefits we offer include, but are not limited to, medical/dental insurance, hybrid-working options, product allowance and gym membership; along with global career opportunities.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at Brown-Forman UK, please visit our LinkedIn Life Page. We look forward to meeting you soon!
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Req ID: JR-00004850