Brown-Forman Field Sales Specialist - UK/Ireland in London, United Kingdom
"This role offers a truly unique opportunity to manage the Global Travel Retail (GTR) UK customers (Dufry UK included) and a team of sales representatives working in the airports. As we now experience a significant rebound in the GTR market, it is a great opportunity for a driven person to join a highly proactive and motivated team in order to execute our GTR 2030 strategies."-Hiring Manager
What’s It Like To Work Here
Our vision for Brown-Forman UK is to be the industry leading organisation by delivering top tier results, through building a diverse culture that inspires people, celebrates teamwork and rewards agility.
Just six months after launching its newly independent organisation in the United Kingdom, Brown-Forman UK was officially certified as a Great Place to Work and a Centre of Excellence in Wellbeing in 2020-2021. We are thrilled to announce most recently Brown-Forman UK, for the second year in a row, has been certified as a Great Place to Work in 2021-2022 again and Excellence in Wellbeing reaching the Top Ten employers within the Medium Sized category of employers, and number one in beverage alcohol companies.
We believe all employees can realise the true value of diversity and inclusion and create a stronger, more competitive organisation where each employee has the opportunity to reach their desired potential. In the UK we have a Diversity Council consisting of our UK Leadership Team and also four employee resource groups (ERGs) for our employees: GROW (Growing Remarkable Outstanding Women), YP (Young Professionals), SEED (Supporting & Elevating Ethnically Diversity) and PRIDE (LGBTQI+). Alongside these ERGs we have various committees such as Alcohol Responsibility, Sustainability and Livewell teams that have great engagement within the business and make a great difference to the environment we work in.
Meaningful Work From Day One
This position will work to ensure the development of Brown-Forman brands in travel retail sales channels (Airport, Airline, Cruise, Border Store, Military), in alignment with our brand building philosophy and global brand strategies. Working under the management of the Manager, Europe West, this position will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all travel retail customers and activities in the covered territory which is UK & Ireland. Key tasks will include managing a team of promoters, securing profitable listings, building broad and deep customer relationships, maintaining merchandising guidelines and coordinating promotional activities.
● Lead and support a team of permanent promoters working at the airport : daily management, definition and follow up of quarterly targets, organization of brand training, development of incentives
● Work with travel retail teams to execute agreed brand plans and budgets to achieve regional goals in the assigned territory
● Execute brand training for the staff and optimize visibility of our brands at the point of sale with focus on key Airports (Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, Luton, Manchester, Edinburg, Dublin), Cruises and other channels
● Development of BF business through the effective account management of assigned retailers and customers, who operate across the area. Main customer contacts include purchasing, marketing, merchandising, store managers, supply chain, customer service
● Identify and exploit brand building opportunities through digital, merchandising and promotional activities
● Additional store activities will include training, incentivizing, rewarding and influencing retail staff.
What You Can Expect
● Manage airlines and cruise tenders in the assigned territory
● Manage annual pricing and listing negotiations with customers
● Develop strong working relationships with targeted account staff to secure optimal retail brand exposure and dominate at the point of purchase
● Work directly with key retailer personnel, including store managers, looking to identify and act upon profitable growth opportunities
● Develop/adapt appropriate brand building activities, and execute and evaluate these activities with customers
● Seek for new opportunities to extend and strengthen our business in the UK and Ireland: Cruise Business, Catering customers, Airlines Customers.
● Responsible for monthly and quarterly performance reviews
● Manage A&P budget
● Act as the primary two-way conduit between key TR customers and BF, and be the key contact for all aspects of customer service
● Work to monitor the BF web of financial and service systems to ensure accuracy, consistency, efficiency and above all, profitability
● Work directly with BF Customer Service to effectively handle all logistical challenges.
We Are Looking For People Who Have:
● Bachelor’s degree in sales or marketing, and 2+ sales experience, ideally in travel retail
● Ability to work both autonomously and in a matrix organization
● Strong oral and written communications skills
● Strong organizational skills
● Good negotiation skills
● Willing to travel extensively (min. 40% of the time).
Nothing Better in the Market
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer equitable pay structures for individual and company performance alongside a premium employee experience. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce.
In Brown-Forman UK, some highlights of the competitive benefits we offer include, but are not limited to, medical/dental insurance, hybrid-working options, product allowance and gym membership; along with global career opportunities.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at Brown-Forman UK, please visit our LinkedIn Life Page. We look forward to meeting you soon!
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Emerging International Division
Req ID: JR-00005526