Brown-Forman Global Ready To Drink Senior Portfolio Manager in London, United Kingdom
Are you ready to take on a role that blends strategic thinking, innovation, and global impact working on one of the most iconic spirits and category leading brands?
We have an exciting opportunity to join our global team at Brown-Forman, where you can contribute to shaping the future of the Ready To Drink portfolio, including the exciting new Jack Daniel’s and Coca-Cola offering. The Global Ready To Drink Senior Portfolio Manager is a pivotal role in leading the Ready To Drink portfolio strategy, new product development pipeline, and fostering an environment that champions creativity and continuous learning. This is a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned marketing leader passionate about innovation, who thrives in cross-functional collaboration, and has a track record in portfolio management and new product development.
Meaningful Work From Day One
The Global Ready To Drink Senior Portfolio Manager will be a pivotal member of our team, responsible for driving the growth and success of the Brown-Forman Ready To Drink portfolio. This role requires a strategic thinker who can blend market insights, product expertise, and business acumen to create and manage a portfolio that aligns with our company's goals and customer needs. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, team player, and adept at navigating the complexities of portfolio development and management.
What You Can Expect
● Portfolio Strategy: Supports the Senior Brand Director in shaping a comprehensive portfolio strategy, stemming out of the Global Brown-Forman Ready To Drink Strategy. Leverages market trends, consumer needs, and competitive positioning to inform portfolio development decisions.
● New Product Development: lead the creation of a well informed New Product Development pipeline and the development of approved new products.
● Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate closely with partners, other functions, and key stakeholders in Divisions and Local markets to ensure seamless execution of portfolio strategies and development of new products.
● Portfolio Management: Monitor and manage the performance of existing products/services within the portfolio. Analyze sales data, consumer feedback, and market trends to make informed decisions about product enhancements, modifications, or discontinuations.
● Risk Management: Identify and assess potential risks associated with portfolio decisions. Develop contingency plans and risk mitigation strategies to minimize potential negative impacts.
Innovation and New Product Development
● Innovation Strategy: Develop and communicate a clear innovation vision and strategy that aligns with the Brown-Forman Global Ready To Drink Strategy and Make it A Double ambitions
● Pipeline Planning: Align & prioritize the innovation pipeline plan with partners, global brand teams, key region stakeholders and management
● Ideation and Conceptualization: Leads cross-functional/partner ideation sessions to generate innovative ideas, concepts, and solutions that address business challenges and opportunities
● New Product Development: manages the end-to-end lifecycle of products, from ideation to launch. Works closely with Research & Development, Production, Finance, and Sales teams to ensure product offerings are innovative, well-defined, and aligned with market requirements. This includes packaging redesign and Limited Edition Offers
● Collaborate closely with Design Team on packaging design strategy and key initiatives
● Metrics and Reporting: Monitors key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success and impact of innovation efforts on a regular basis
● Represent Global Ready To Drink in the Integrated Business Planning process
● Champion Edison and the Brown-Forman Way of Innovation
● Develops and manages the global marketing “portfolio and packaging” budget, allocating resources effectively, in line with brand and team priorities
● Ensure cost-efficient spending while maximizing the impact of marketing initiatives
People & Culture
● Co-Manage one direct report - the Jack Daniel's Global New Product Manager (also reports to Jack Daniel's Global Portfolio Manager)
● Builds and fosters a collaborative and innovative environment within the global Ready To Drink and Jack Daniel's s and with local and regional teams
● Champions a culture of optimism, continuous learning and consumer-centricity
● Inspires the organization to approach everything in the marketing process with an appreciation for human diversity.
● Fosters an inclusive and diverse culture, internally and externally with agency and partners that fuels innovation and growth; is a champion of Brown-Forman’s Diversity & Inclusion goals
● Partners closely with the Global Ready To Drink Marketing Manager, and the Jack Daniel's Global Portfolio team to ensure aligned and seamless new product plans and initiatives
● Partners with functions (Finance, Production, Research & Development, Legal etc.) for key Brand initiatives, demonstrating highly skilled collaboration and “influencing without authority” skills
● Partners, where required, with external companies on key initiatives
● Liaises closely with Supply Chain on Integrated Business Planning process and with Global Ready To Drink Finance Director on Distillery Planning Process and pro forma P&L development
● Communication: Effectively communicate portfolio strategies, updates, and performance to both internal and external stakeholders
● Acts as key point of contact on the global team for key Division/Region markets - be a valued resource to ensure markets are equipped to effectively launch and build the brands and achieve their marketing and business goals.
● Collaborates highly effectively with partner companies.
We Are Looking For People Who
● Are a seasoned marketing leader with at least 8 years of experience in portfolio management, new brand development, or related roles in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry.
● Proven successful experience in new product development and innovation, including successful launch planning and execution
● Strong strategic thinking, consumer insights and problem-solving abilities
● Strong analytical skills, with the ability to interpret market data and trends.
● Excellent project management and organizational skills.
● Exceptional communication and presentation abilities
● Proficiency in financial modeling and data analysis tools
● Strong relationship builder with experience in working effectively in a collaborative, matrix environment
● Experience working with 3rd party partners
What Makes You Unique
● Spirits/Beverage Alcohol or Lifestyle brand experience
● RTD or Beer experience
● Multi-country (Global or regional) experience and relationships established
● CPG marketing experience in a large multinational firm.
Office Hybrid - Louisville, Kentucky
Who We Are
We believe great people build great brands. And we know there is Nothing Better in the Market than a career at Brown-Forman. Being a part of Brown-Forman means you will grow both personally and professionally. You will have the opportunity to solve problems, seize opportunities, and generate bold ideas. You will belong to a place where teamwork matters and where you are encouraged to bring your best self to work.
Many Spirits, One Brown‑Forman
We believe that an inclusive culture, one that values the diversity and unique perspective of each individual, allows us each to bring our best self to work and leads to greater teamwork, creativity, and trust. Cultivating a Caring Culture- We know that our strong culture is one of the many reasons people love working at Brown‑Forman. Enriching Life. Enriching Careers- At Brown‑Forman, we craft products known for bringing people together. Our employees have made us what we are today and are the reason for our success. Do not just take our word for it. Brown‑Forman is consistently recognized as a Great Place to Work® in countries around the world.
What We Offer
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer equitable pay structures for individual and company performance alongside a premium employee experience. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Marketing
Req ID: JR-00007283