Brown-Forman 2nd Shift Brown-Forman Cooperage Operations Supervisor in Louisville, Kentucky
Meaningful Work From Day One... Responsible for supervising production operations and associated activities at the Brown-Forman Cooperage facility in the manufacture of 600,000+ new bourbon barrels annually. Leads and manages the activities of up to 60+ hourly production employees. Has responsibility for adherence to manufacturing specifications, plant safety rules and procedures and plant quality standards.
Schedules and assigns employees to job tasks and duties and supervises various production activities. Conducts safety meetings, inspections, ensures employee adherence to plant safety and work rules and institutes corrective actions to maintain a safe working environment. Collects data and completes daily production records and reports. Monitors and supervises production activities to ensure process quality and adherence to quality standards. Trains and develops hourly reports. Coordinates with maintenance for plant and equipment repairs and improvements.
2nd Shift Hours Flexibility required for start time - anywhere from 1:00PM - 2:30PM (depending on production needs) Flexibility required for end time - anywhere from 11:00PM - 2:00AM (depending on production needs)
What You Can Expect
● Supervises plant operations to ensure a safe work environment adhering to all plant, company, and regulatory requirements.
● Supervises operations and employees in multiple departments on any production shift in barrel production operations and related work including raw material receipt, processing/manufacture, inspection, repair, inventory, loading and shipment.
● Monitors equipment and systems operation, identifies when repairs and maintenance are needed and works with plant maintenance to schedule, coordinate and effect repairs and modifications.
● Track the plant materials inventory.
● Monitors materials’ quality to material specifications and takes appropriate action to correct non-conforming materials.
● Monitors wood quality and performance and adjusts production operations and processes to react to changing wood conditions. Communicates wood performance to the BFC Production Manager.
● Monitors and ensures compliance with applicable quality standards for all operations in areas of responsibility.
● Ensures barrels are produced to specification and makes adjustments in equipment or processes as needed to maintain proper size, capacity and other specifications.
● Manages plant Housekeeping and sanitation activities to ensure sanitation standards are maintained.
● Assists in the planning, development and implementation of processes and capital improvements and modifications. Provides input and information for budget preparation, strategic planning.
We Are Looking For People Who
Bachelor's Degree and 2-5 years people management experience in a manufacturing environment. Combination of education and experience will be considered. Demonstrated supervisory skills including planning, analytical, statistical and problem solving skills. Knowledge of basic computer applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications. Ability to maneuver and move about in a manufacturing environment. Skills: Mechanical Aptitude, Multi-Tasking Ability, Oral & Written Communication Skills and Analytical Skills. Demonstrated ability in developing and implementing sustainable processes through motivating and facilitating cross-functional teams.
What You Can Add To The Team
Experience: Five or More years of supervisory experience in a production or manufacturing operation. Cooperage or wood industry is a plus. Mechanical aptitude and experience with general production & manufacturing tools and techniques. Previous experience working in a union environment. Knowledge in TPM or Lean Type Manufacturing.
Competencies - Planning, Innovation, Self Motivated, Self Awareness, Problem Solving and Team Building.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Req ID: JR-00002505