Brown-Forman Assistant Plant Production Leader - Planning and Logistics in Louisville, Kentucky
This position will work with production operations and logistics to support and insure accurate movement, availability and accounting of materials. To include but not limited to daily planning and delivery of glass and PET releases to support bottling operations across multiple shifts. Delivery accuracy and receipt into SAP for glass, PET, labels, closures, shrinkbands, knock downs, glue etc. Cycle Count and annual physical inventory of all direct materials.
Prepare, communicate and track glass and PET releases to bottling facilities to support bottling production schedules. Lead Union Production Employees to complete cycle counts, material receipts, process order confirmations in SAP. Assist with dock flow and delivery of materials. Lead and assist with MRO material purchases converting purchase requisitions to purchase orders in SAP and insure accurate payment to suppliers. Work with CI mindset leading CI initiatives. Lead to meet established department performance indicators.
• Plan and communicate daily glass needs with vendor to establish specific delivery times per BFDO principles to support daily bottling (up to 12 loads per day) for Heritage and Pinnacle Bottling Facilities.
• Plan and communicate daily PET needs with appropriate vendors with specific delivery times per BFDO principles to support daily bottling (up to 7 loads per day).
• Serve as liaison with glass and PET suppliers to monitor releases, address changes, identify and evaluate risk associate with unusual circumstances and conditions to insure consistent supply.
• Coordinate Material Returns to Suppliers per MDR direction to insure BF receives credits due via accurate SAP accounting.
• Coordinate movement of materials to outside warehouses and manage material inventories at these outside warehouses for both Heritage and Pinnacle.
• Serve as liaison with Union Operators at Heritage and Pinnacle to ensure accurate receipt entry which affects payments to suppliers and inventory reporting.
• Lead and Assist Union Production Employees with coordination of daily cycle counts.
• Audit daily cycle counts for accuracy at Pinnacle and Heritage prior to adjustments being made.
• Liaison to Smith Brothers Driver who coordinates movement of all glass and PET loads in and out of dock doors per production schedule.
• Lead and assist with bottling process order confirmation accuracy performed by Union Production Operators to insure timely and accurate entry.
• MRO Purchasing for Heritage and Pinnacle Plans and ensure Payment Accuracy.
• Lead CI Teams & Present on Progress / Work on Efficiencies in Progress
• Establish and track Key Performance Indicators
Required Experience & Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or related field and/or 3 years inventory, logistics, planning or related experience in a manufacturing environment. Combination of education and experience will be considered.
Preferred Experience & Education:
Bachelors Degree Business, Accounting, or Engineering
Experience: Previous Experience with SAP
Certified by APICS and/or Supply Chain Experience
Analytical thinker with ability to develop short and long term plans.
Ability to Set and Manage Targets
Effective interpersonal skills, ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with union workforce and production management.
Grade 26 National
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Req ID: JR-00000998