Brown-Forman Assistant Plant Production Leader - Shipping (Shift Hours 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM Monday - Friday) in Louisville, Kentucky
Meaningful Work from Day One This position will work with production operations, customer service, and logistics to support all operations and supply chain functions. This will include but not limited to leading hourly operators, daily production planning and scheduling, Carrier appointments planning and scheduling, generating tasks for operators and providing coverage for PPL as needed. Coaching team members and continuous improvement in all areas of SMQPDC (Safety, Morale, Quality, Production, Delivery, Cost).
Candidate will help facilitate and assist with dock flow and delivery of all inbound and outbound finished goods to BFL. Schedule appointments for all outbound shipment and loadout appointments for carriers. Provide customer service support daily while maintaining staffing and resources for over 5 million cases in production receipts annually.
This role will primarily support 2nd shift operations but will be needed to flex to other shifts as necessary to support the business.
Shift Hours 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM Monday - Friday
What You Can Expect
• Monitor performance of hourly employees to ensure expectations in activities such as order picking, shipment load out, and other warehouse functions as needed.
• Coordinate staffing needs to support production, order pick and outbound delivery.
• Investigate equipment and system failures and provide trouble-shooting guidance to operators on equipment.
• Respond and record load out appointments for carriers to ensure bill of lading and equipment availability for daily operations per BFDO principles.
• Develop, implement and evaluate job specific skills training for each individual employee within natural work team
• Maintain a safe work environment and promote accident prevention by eliminating potential hazards through creating work orders.
• Provide support to the shipping department by preparing monthly late shipment report in SAP to ensure accuracy of data
• Serve as liaison between bottling department and shipping to ensure proper communication to all operators
• Provide Operational Support to Pinnacle to ensure accurate receipt entry and checks and balances into SAP.
• Lead and Assist PPL with coordination of order-pick and ensuring accurate put-away for all production receipts.
• Perform daily safety and quality Audit to ensure BFDO standards are met.
• Provide coverage to PPL as needed.
• Work closely with yard driver for daily movement of equipment to accommodate production and delivery operations
• Lead and assist with bottling process order confirmation accuracy performed by Union Production Operators to insure timely and accurate entry.
• Lead CI Teams & Present on Progress to department
• Conduct and lead daily shift meetings and Gemba walk
• Generate daily tasks for all dock operations to the tune of 6 million cases annually.
We Are Looking For People Who
Have a Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years shipping related experience in manufacturing industry OR at least 5 years shipping/logistics related experience working in a manufacturing environment. Demonstrated ability to lead, coordinate, and manage multiple projects in a changing environment. Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with union workforce and production management). Analytical thinker with ability to develop short and long term plans. Ability to work a flexible schedule when necessary. Analytical thinker with ability to develop short and long term plans.
What You Can Add to the Team
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Engineering or Operations Related Degree
Previous Experience with SAP, Supply Chain and/or Continuous Improvement
Technical aptitude and continuous improvement mindset
Grade 26 National
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Req ID: JR-00001777