Brown-Forman Assistant Plant Production Leader - Shipping in Louisville, Kentucky
This position will work with production operations, customer service and logistics to support all scheduling and supply chain functions related to accurate movement, availability reporting and receipt of finished goods inventory to the tune of 5 Million cases annually. To include but not limited to daily planning and scheduling of carrier appointments, generating task for load - out operators and providing off shift coverage for PPL as needed. Data scrubbing in SAP to reflect accurate receipts from production and outbound shipment. Support all shipping 3 functions as needed. This role will primarily support 3rd shift operations, but will be needed to flex to other shifts as necessary.
Schedule appointments for all outbound shipment. Generate task for hourly employees. Track performance for hourly employees. Prepare bill of lading to expedite driver pick up process. Assist with dock flow and delivery of all inbound goods to BFL. Provide customer service support and relating carrier issues to transportation and traffic. Work with CI mindset leading CI initiatives. Coach team members to improve development.
• Generate daily task for all dock operation to the tune of 25,000 cases daily shipment.
• Develop, implement and evaluate job specific skills training for each individual employee within natural work team
• Maintain a safe work environment and promote accident prevention by eliminating potential hazards
• Plan and communicate load out activities with carriers to ensure bill of lading and equipment availability for daily operations per BFDO principles.
• Investigate equipment and system failures and provide trouble-shooting guidance to operators on all bottling and processing equipment.
• Serve as liaison between bottling department and shipping to ensure proper communication to all operators
• Coordinate staffing needs to support production, order pick and Outbound delivery.
• Provide Operational Support to Pinnacle to ensure accurate receipt entry and checks and balances in into SAP.
• Lead and Assist PPL with coordination of order-pick and ensuring accurate put-away for all inbound receipts.
• Perform daily safety and quality Audit to ensure BFDO standards are met.
• Provide coverage to PPL as needed.
• Liaison closely with yard driver for daily movement of equipment to accommodate production and delivery operations
• Lead and assist with bottling process order confirmation accuracy performed by Union Production Operators to insure timely and accurate entry.
• Provide support to the shipping department by preparing monthly late shipment report in SAP to ensure accuracy of data
• Lead CI Teams & Present on Progress / Work on Efficiencies in Progress
• Establish and track KPI’s
Required Experience & Education:
Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years shipping related experience in manufacturing industry OR at least 5 years manufacturing experience working in beverage alcohol. Demonstrated ability to lead, coordinate, and manage multiple projects in a changing environment. Analytical thinker with ability to develop short and long term plans.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or Engineering
Experience: Previous Experience with SAP, Supply Chain and/or Continuous Improvement
Grade 25 National
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Req ID: JR-00000307