Brown-Forman Assistant Plant Production Leader in Louisville, Kentucky
This position will work with production operations and logistics to support and insure accurate movement, availability and accounting of materials. To include but not limited to daily planning and delivery of glass and PET releases to support bottling operations across multiple shifts. Delivery accuracy and receipt into SAP for glass, PET, labels, closures, shrinkbands, KD’s, glue etc. Cycle Count and annual physical inventory of all direct materials.
Prepare, communicate and track glass and PET releases to bottling facilities to support bottling production schedules. Lead Union Production Employees to complete cycle counts, material receipts, process order confirmations in SAP. Assist with dock flow and delivery of materials. Lead and assist with MRO material purchases converting purchase requisitions to purchase orders in SAP and insure accurate payment to suppliers. Work with CI mindset leading CI initiatives. Lead to meet established department KPI’s.
• Plan and communicate daily glass needs with OI with specific delivery times per BFDO principles to support daily bottling (up to 12 loads per day) for Heritage and PPP Bottling Facilities.
• Plan and communicate daily PET needs with Amcor and Berry with specific delivery times per BFDO principles to support daily bottling (up to 7 loads per day)
• Serve as liaison with glass and Pet suppliers to monitor releases, address changes, identify and evaluate risk associate with unusual circumstances and conditions to insure consistent supply.
• Coordinate Material Returns to Suppliers per MDR direction to insure BF receives credits due via accurate SAP accounting.
• Coordinate movement of materials to outside warehouses and manage material inventories at outside warehouses for both Heritage and PPP.
• Serve as liaison with Union Operators at Heritage and PPP to ensure accurate receipt entry which affects payments to suppliers and inventory reporting.
• Lead and Assist Union Production Employees with coordination of daily cycle counts
• Audit daily cycle counts for accuracy at PPP and Heritage prior to adjustments being made.
• Liaison to Smith Brothers Driver who coordinates movement of all glass and PET loads in and out of dock doors per production schedule.
• Lead and assist with bottling process order confirmation accuracy performed by Union Production Operators to insure timely and accurate entry.
• MRO Purchasing for Heritage and PPP Plans and ensure Payment Accuracy
• Lead CI Teams & Present on Progress / Work on Efficiencies in Progress
• Establish and track KPI’s
Required Experience & Education:
Education: Bachelor's Degree OR a combination of education and experience will be considered.
Experience: Demonstrated ability to lead, coordinate, and manage multiple projects in a changing environment. Analytical thinker with ability to develop short and long term plans.
Set and Manage Targets. Experience working with a union workforce in a production environment.#SM#TSM
Preferred Experience & Education:
Experience: Degree in Business, Accounting, Engineering
Previous Experience with SAP
Certified by APICS and/or Supply Chain Experience
Interact with Union Production Operators
Operational Decision Making
Address Discipline Issues
Planning & Organizing
Building Strategic Business Relationships
Coaching Delegating Responsibility
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt