Brown-Forman Associate Marketing Operations Manager in Louisville, Kentucky
"As the Associate Marketing Operations Manager, you will have a chance to work on some of the leading spirit brands in the industry and play a critical role overseeing the design and development of the brand tools used to activate our brands at the points of purchase and consumption. You will have a direct impact on the look and feel of consumer touchpoints to the brand, and will be an instrumental stakeholder for the brand teams, field partners, and fulfillment agency." -Hiring Manager
Meaningful Work From Day One:
The Associate Marketing Operations Manager leads efforts for designated brands to maximize the impact and efficiency of our sales promotion materials activating points of purchase and consumption for the
USA & Canada business, which represents over $2.2 billion in gross annual sales across more than 350,000 trade outlets and over 250 million legal drinking age consumers.
Specifically, this role leverages cross functional networks, acts as the project & inventory management lead for sales promotional materials, and offers support to brand teams to ensure the development, implementation and delivery of an array of cost effective, strategically appropriate, and fit-for-purpose promotional materials.
What You Will Do In This Role:
● Builds and leverages strong cross-functional relationships that support innovation, agility and efficiency in how we engage with trade and consumers through sales promotional materials; ultimately converting shoppers at the point of purchase.
● Serves as primary point of contact for project and inventory management related to sales promotion materials for designated brands in the USA & Canada, including leading stakeholder communications relative to time bound needs and project deliverables and ensuring projects are formally integrated within the systems and processes with our procurement agency.
● Serves as subject matter expert on market/channel trends, strategies and best practices related to point of purchase, point of consumption, and advocacy related POS and leverages this expertise and insight to optimize innovation, decision-making, and processes by brand and commercial stakeholders and agency procurement partners.
● Collaborates with the brand team(s), trade/customer marketing managers, and commercial teams to develop national, regional, and/or account-specific program materials.
● Coordinates with legal and other intercompany functions to ensure appropriate standards and procedures are maintained, including reviewing creative for all print and promotional items for alignment with legal and brand equity guidelines.
● Leads the development of presentations and online materials conveying program material ordering options for field sales teams.
● Ensures field sales, agencies, internal design team and vendors have proper direction (ie. graphic standards, quality expectations, etc) in the development of programming needs.
● Collaborates with agency partners to regularly review and manage SKU volume and associated inventory values.
● Ensures appropriate minimum order targets are reached in order to optimize procurement buying power, associated costs, and targeted inventory value levels.
● Oversees the efficient communication and collection of field orders relative to the sales promotion needs for national programs, strategic accounts, and adhoc needs.
● Oversees execution by our agency partners, ensuring successful and on-time project completion across all stages of the supply chain, including PO execution, product development and shipping.
● Assists in monitoring and evaluating program success, identifying and recommending opportunities for improvement.
● Responds to general daily requests by agencies, field sales, and brand management.
● Supports brand teams with special projects (trade, shopper and/or consumer) as needed.
What Exactly Are We Looking For:
● B.A. in business, marketing or related field plus 2 years marketing, sales or sales promotion experience or education/experience equivalent.
● Demonstrated analytical and creative thinking capabilities, business acumen and project management
● Demonstrated ability to manage a high volume of work in a fast-paced business environment
● Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and manage through ambiguity
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Proficiency across multiple technology platforms, including Google and Microsoft
● Must be willing and able to travel up to 10% of the time
What Makes You Unique:
● Beverage alcohol and/or CPG industry experience
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: USA & Canada Division
Req ID: JR-00005760