Brown-Forman Associate Sales Promotion Manager - JD FOB in Louisville, Kentucky
Position Title: Associate Sales Promotion Manager, JD FOB
Business Area: NAR SAMIE
Location: Louisville, KY
Reports To : Sales Promotion Manager
In conjunction with the Jack Daniel’s Associate Brand Managers and Sales Promotion Administrator, coordinates the execution and manages the processes related to the development and delivery of consumer promotional materials for the Jack Daniel’s Family of Brands.
• Manages sourcing agency of record to ensure the development, implementation and delivery of an array of cost effective, strategically appropriate, channel specific promotional tools. Advises sourcing agency in managing point of sale inventory.
• Manages print-on-demand partner to ensure offerings are up-to- date and adhere to brand graphic guidelines as well as oversee and direct the development of materials for the site as required for each brand promotion.
• Works independently to manage agencies and outside vendors in the proper development and production of all point of sale materials for the Jack Daniel’s Family of Brands.
• Assists the Associate Brand Managers in planning, integrating and executing National Programs for the Jack Daniel’s Family of Brands.
• Directs BF print buyers and agencies to develop printed materials required for national and specialty programs.
• Serves as a production/creative and graphic standards resource to the agencies and field teams.
• Coordinates, on a tertile basis, with brand team, agencies, vendors and sales promotion team to develop decks for the Jack Daniel’s Family of Brands which include SKUs, pricing and descriptions/photos from which the field sales teams place orders.
• Manages integration of promotions into required channels as needed and upon request, coordinates regional and local programming needs.
• Researches and brings forward new ideas for building the brands through promotional activities.
• Provides clear creative direction, as well as reviewing and approving the look and feel for all promotional items for BF’s internal point of sale and print on demand sites and ensuring all items meet legal and brand equity guidelines.
• Reviews and controls total current and aged inventory levels for number and type of SKUs and price points to guarantee that promotional resources are effectively allocated.
• Analyze monthly inventory reports
• Review agency status reports and take action as needed
• Assists Sales Promotion Administrator to ensure that promotional materials are ordered and delivered in a timely manner and on budget.
• Address general daily requests by agencies, field, POS Administrator, and brand management.
• Assists in monitoring and evaluating field promotional needs through market visits, direct contact with the Jack Daniel’s U.S. Field team and competitive appraisals.
• Ensure field sales, agencies, internal design team and vendors have proper direction in the development of programming needs. This includes providing and communicating graphic standards for all Jack Daniel’s brands
• Write clear and concise creative briefs.
• Write RFQ’s and review RFP’s, and make directional decisions based on information gained.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in business or related field plus 3-5 years in the field of sales promotion or equivalent education and experience.
• Experience managing multiple vendors.
• Understanding of printing processes and terms.
• Understanding of steps required in the creative process.
• Project management experience and ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects within specified deadlines in a fast paced environment with attention to small detail.
• Collaborate with designers and production artists in the development of a wide variety of creative projects.
• Understand brand team input and apply information to creative executions.
• Ability to make decisions quickly without a strong set of criteria.
• Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships with all levels of internal and external contacts, peers as well as brand leadership.
• Strong written business communication skills with the ability to compose memos and project reports.
• Demonstrated verbal communications skills; ability to formulate responses to detailed questions in representing company policy/practice within a function.
• Ability to travel up to 15% of time.
• Knowledge of marketing/advertising techniques.
• Ability to analyze the administrative systems associated with promotional materials development and activity.
• Ability to analyze inventory data.
• Experience in brand management and/or marketing environment.
• Knowledge of legal rules utilized in the liquor industry.
• Development and execution of sweepstakes.
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Operations
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt