Brown-Forman Brand Associate, Modern Media - Slane, Scotch Brands, Coopers' Craft & New Product Development in Louisville, Kentucky
As a member of the USA & Canada Marketing Organization and Modern Media team, you will work closely
with the Modern Media Director and Slane, Scotch Brands, and Coopers’ Craft Brand Managers and teams
to effectively reach and communicate with the brands’ consumers in various channels. This role requires a
blend of strategic and hands-on specialist experience, with deep knowledge across channels, technology,
data/analytics, and project/process management. At all times, you must be a brand steward and protect
the long-term equity of each brand and the Emerging Brands Portfolio. The role’s current primary focus is
on the US, but also supports secondary markets around the world as well as the Homeplaces in Ireland,
Scotland, and Kentucky.
All B-F Marketers are expected to be leaders in building “best in class” brands, marketing programs and
capabilities and to drive the Corporate, Brand and Marketing 150 strategies. For marketing, all managers
need to superbly deliver against four key strategic goals; (1) Captivate the Consumer, (2) Innovate Across
all Touchpoints, (3) Leverage and Strengthen the Portfolio, and (4) Make it Easy to Buy and Sell our Brands.
Provides Strategic Modern Media Leadership (35%)
- Strategic lead/thought partner (in collaboration with Modern Media Director and Brand Leaders)
for developing integrated media/creative strategy to achieve brand objectives, including media
planning, execution, and measurement.
- Collaborates with Brand Leaders and Modern Media Director to develop scope of work for relevant
3rd-party agency partners and oversees day-to-day plan media/creative strategy, partnering with
agencies or internal resources as applicable.
- Supports the Brand Leaders in the development, implementation, and measurement of campaigns,
programs, and properties. Acts as subject matter expert on brands’ digital properties as it pertains
to evaluating media opportunity and feasibility.
- Leads overall digital media / communications reporting and analytics, including concise
presentation of meaningful success metrics and actionable next steps.
- Leverages data/insights gathered in partnership with Consumer & Shopper Insights team, agencies,
media efforts, and business analytics manager to gain a deeper understanding of consumer
behavior, market landscape, business needs, and competition.
- Responsible for strategy and development of inbound & outbound consumer communication across
all digital touch-points (email, social, website, etc.), including editorial strategy, social content
calendar, & in-depth CRM email approach capitalizing on audience segmentation opportunities
- Leads internal & agency resources in the strategic development of a library of content across all
channels that supports brand and field needs, creating repositories and processes that share
information with local market partners; includes collaboration with Global team.
- Thought leader and point of contact for new media/technology opportunities that align with brand
objectives and improve brand and commercial performance; shares recommendations with team.
- Develops “test & learn” approaches within Modern Media initiatives, with a focus on sharing
actionable results for future campaigns and adoption by other teams/brands.
- Advocates for and implements communication strategies, processes, and best practices for Slane,
Scotch Brands, and Coopers’ Craft that align with U.S. Modern Media priorities for all brands.
- Leads development of e-premise/e-commerce brand strategy in partnership with Modern Media
Director and Brand Leaders; includes goal setting, evaluating & implementing opportunities, etc.
- Enables sharing of best practices between teams (brands, field, etc.) and markets, including media,
creative, optimization, technology, social best practices, program learnings, and measurement.
Acts as key contact for external media/technology partners.
Provides strategic digital support to Slane Global team, and international markets as applicable
Manages Implementation/Execution (35%)
- Accountable for execution of all digital media efforts (owned, earned and paid), working with
internal and external partners to create efficiency and improve effectiveness using real-time data.
- Responsible for the development, improvement/maintenance, and measurement of all consumer-
and trade-facing digital properties and tools: website, social channels, email, Salesforce Marketing
Cloud, emerging technology, etc.
- Guides the consumer data collection process (including enhancing homeplace or other offline
- Manages the deployment of communications to the brand’s database, employing Salesforce tools
(e.g. segmentation, consumer journeys) to grow brand familiarity and loyalty.
Teams up with PR Manager to create and amplify earned media impressions for the brands
Responsible for developing and maintaining brand Modern Media toolkit, including storytelling
content, tone of voice, persona, and target consumer.
Accountable for digital processes and project management, including ensuring adherence to Legal, Responsibility, and Compliance guidelines for all brand communications activity.
Develops content that supports all needs, including media, social, partnerships, local, etc.
Responsible for social community management & consumer email response.
Manages and reconciles investment for above-the-line efforts monthly.
Collaborates with Global Digital Manager on Scotch Brands on creative asset, website, etc. needs
related to U.S.; also collaborates with various Homeplace Managers on media/creative needs.
Provides Support to Local Teams (30%)
- Consults with local field marketing partners and agencies to develop and execute support for
localized programs (whether standalone or tie-ins to broader initiatives)
- Leads execution of localized media plans, including amplifying and measuring local field initiatives
(e.g. media, text-to-wins, sweeps, contests, distributor messaging, etc.).
Strong Communication / Listening Skills
Demonstrating Desire for Continuous Improvement and Learning
Demonstrating Creativity & Innovation
Driving for Commercial Results
Experience working on a Cross-Functional team
Relationship Building and Influencing Skills
Global Perspective / Cultural Intelligence
- Bachelor’s Degree (Marketing or similar major preferred), plus 3-5 years of consumer marketing
experience; minimum 3-5 years of cross-discipline digital experience
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for all things digital, media, and technology; comfortable
forging new ground and influencing stakeholders to do things differently
- Experience planning, executing and optimizing consumer marketing communications through
multiple channels, with a heavy emphasis on digital (website, social, email, etc.)
Experience planning and managing paid media
Ability to conduct data analysis from several sources that leads actionable insights
Strong organizational skills; ability to lead multiple projects and manage project teams on an
ongoing basis, in a deadline-oriented environment
Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with multiple stakeholders
Demonstrated ability to work independently; self-motivated
Demonstrated leadership ability and management skills
Experience managing agency partners (creative, media & developers), or within agencies
Willingness/ability to travel up to 25%
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
Experience within global marketing, public relations, and multicultural audiences
In-depth experience with SEO, website management, graphic design, and website analytics
Experience with traditional media channels in addition to digital (e.g. TV, OOH)
Experience building marketing plans in highly regulated industry (healthcare, financial, etc.)
Experience working in beverage alcohol consumer marketing environment
E-commerce and A/B testing experience
MBA or other post-graduate Marketing/Communications degree
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: USA & Canada
Req ID: JR-00000343