Brown-Forman Brown-Forman Cooperage Operations Supervisor 2nd Shift in Louisville, Kentucky
Position 2nd Shift Hours
Start Time - Flexible to start anywhere from 1:00 P.M. - 2:30 P.M. depending on production needs.
End Time - Flexible to end anywhere from 11:00 P.M. - 2:00 A.M. depending on production needs.
Scope: Responsible for supervising production operations and associated activities at the Brown-Forman Cooperage facility in the manufacture of 600,000+ new bourbon barrels annually. Leads and manages the activities of up to 60+ hourly production employees. Has responsibility for adherence to manufacturing specifications, plant safety rules and procedures and plant quality standards.
Basic Function: Schedules and assigns employees to job tasks and duties and supervises various production activities. Conducts safety meetings, inspections, ensures employee adherence to plant safety and work rules and institutes corrective actions to maintain a safe working environment. Collects data and completes daily production records and reports. Monitors and supervises production activities to ensure process quality and adherence to quality standards. Trains and develops hourly reports. Coordinates with maintenance for plant and equipment repairs and improvements.
● Supervises plant operations to ensure a safe work environment adhering to all plant, company, and regulatory requirements.
● Supervises operations and employees in multiple departments on any production shift in barrel production operations and related work including raw material receipt, processing/manufacture, inspection, repair, inventory, loading and shipment.
● Monitors equipment and systems operation, identifies when repairs and maintenance are needed and works with plant maintenance to schedule, coordinate and effect repairs and modifications.
● Track the plant materials inventory.
● Monitors materials’ quality to material specifications and takes appropriate action to correct non-conforming materials.
● Monitors wood quality and performance and adjusts production operations and processes to react to changing wood conditions. Communicates wood performance to the BFC Production Manager.
● Monitors and ensures compliance with applicable quality standards for all operations in areas of responsibility.
● Ensures barrels are produced to specification and makes adjustments in equipment or processes as needed to maintain proper size, capacity and other specifications.
● Manages plant Housekeeping and sanitation activities to ensure sanitation standards are maintained.
● Assists in the planning, development and implementation of processes and capital improvements and modifications. Provides input and information for budget preparation, strategic planning.
Education: College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent); Business, Engineering or Related Field
Experience: Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related field with 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment or 10 or more years applicable supervisory experience in a manufacturing or production environment. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels. Demonstrated supervisory skills including planning, analytical, statistical and problem solving skills. Knowledge of basic computer applications including word processing and spread sheet applications. Ability to maneuver (tilt, roll or inspect) barrels weighing up to 100 pounds, climb ladders, stairs and crossovers and generally move about in a manufacturing environment.
Skills: Mechanical Aptitude, Multi-Tasking Ability, Oral & Written Communication Skills and Analytical Skills.
Preferred Experience & Education:
Experience: Five or More years of supervisory experience in a production or manufacturing operation. Cooperage or wood industry is a plus. Mechanical aptitude and experience with general production & manufacturing tools and techniques. Previous experience working in a union environment. Knowledge in TPM or Lean Type Manufacturing
Planning, Innovation, Self Motivated, Self Awareness, Problem Solving and Team Building.#SM#TSM
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt