Brown-Forman Brown-Forman Cooperage Production Manager in Louisville, Kentucky
Responsible for all production operations at the Brown-Forman Cooperage facility including full production budget responsibility. Leads and coaches the team to accept differences in others, embraces diversity and creates balance between production and employee concerns. Works with supervisor team to create a work schedule for all hourly union employees and accountable for production changes, holidays, vacation scheduling etc. Works across departments and shifts of hourly technicians. Foster an environment that is inclusive of everyone driving accountability at all levels and valuing the contributions of all employees. Has seven direct production related reports with an overall scope of 220+ employees.
Responsible for developing a workplace where respect for all employees is paramount. Leads and manages all production operations at the Brown-Forman Cooperage facility to achieve maximum levels of productivity, quality, safety and profitability. Partners with other managers within BFC to manage metric targets, these include but are not limited to: Safety, moral, quality, production, delivery and cost. Monitors and guides the performance and development of salaried team members reporting into this position.
● Develops, and communicates goals, budgets, plans and strategies geared towards successfully producing all brand needs. Monitors and evaluates Cooperage performance, while providing support to the Plant Director and his staff.
● Ensure the overall operation of Brown Forman Cooperage consistently meets all barrel production needs. All production will be completed safely, within budget and in a quality fashion while maintaining all environmental guidelines.
● Provide direction and oversight to the Departmental Supervisors. Partner with Maintenance and Engineering Manager for maintenance support. Evaluate, coordinate and ensure the execution of cost savings, productivity improvement, process improvement, and other projects.
● Partner with safety, quality, HR, maintenance, engineering and finance while driving accountability to deliver expected results in each area through the production team.
● Partner with Mill Operations, Wood Procurement Yard Manager and Distilleries to monitor market conditions, production and wood inventories. Produce to schedules and strategic information to assist the Procurement Manager with scheduling and directing of all mill operations.
● Coordinate with the maintenance team to ensure all facility needs are met in a timely and organized fashion.
● Coordinate production schedules in a multi-shift operation.
Required Experience & Education:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or other areas related to manufacturing or production management with at least seven years applicable experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent education and experience.
● Experience leading and/or executing change in a manufacturing environment.
● Positive attitude
● Well prepared and disciplined
● Excellent judgment and decision making capability and can manage through ambiguity. Strong people management and coaching skills.
● Experience building a culture of inclusion and ensure all people feel valued for their contributions.
● Strong relationship building and influencing skills. Ability to establish and articulate a strategy, then translate into meaningful approach for others.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Developing teams of managers/supervisors to be functional leaders
● Experience leading in a union environment
● Experience leading a multifunctional workgroup.
● Experience with personal computer applications such as spreadsheets, databases, word processing and internet navigation.
● Demonstrated ability to lead and manage production personnel
Preferred Experience & Education:
Experience: ● College degree in business, engineering or equivalent technical field.
● 5 years experience in a management position
● Three years experience managing in a union environment.
● Experience in barrel cooperage or wood product manufacturing operations.
● Experience leading a multifunctional team or department.#SM#TSM
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt