Brown-Forman Brown-Forman Cooperage Warehouse & Shipping Coordinator in Louisville, Kentucky
Responsible for coordinating and performing various warehouse, production planning, inventory and shipping related operations at Brown-Forman Cooperage including stockroom operations as well as barrel shipping operations. Has responsibility for MRO and operating supplies with an annual throughput value up to $3 million; coordinates the shipping of up to 600,000 barrels per year.
Tracks and monitors the barrel inventory. Coordinates production planning activities as well as all barrel shipping activities. Maintains the stockroom, operating and safety supplies. Assist in managing inventory levels of raw materials.
• Provides input on decision making, seeks personal growth, and displays collaboration, teamwork, self-initiative and problem solving in a respectful and safe environment with a high degree of self-awareness, accountability, credibility, confidentiality, integrity, and professional ethics.
• The Warehouse and Shipping Coordinator is part of a team that supports all aspects of the barrel making process, focusing on quality, innovation, environmental practices, maximizing wood utilization and embodying our safety guidelines.
• Schedules and coordinates both internal and external customer’s barrel trailers for loading.
• Prepares daily lot report including a visual inspection of all trailer numbers and seals. Communicates on a daily basis to the transport company.
• Responsible for monitoring all trash and scrap hoppers, including maintenance scrap and scheduling and coordinating the pick-ups with carriers when full.
• Responsible for the daily operation of the plant stockroom and including receipts, stocking, inventory and distribution of safety, sanitation, janitorial, operating and other miscellaneous supplies.
• Opens deliveries, stocks shelves and tags raw material items in a timely manner.
• Ensures inventory tags are entered and tracked in an accurate and timely manner.
• Receives and posts of all purchase order receipts in SAP system.
• Tags all incoming barrel components and assist in performing physical inventory counts.
• Assists as needed in analysis of material and supply usage and identification of cost savings opportunities.
Required Experience & Education:
Education: College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent); Business or Related
Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field and 1-2 years shipping and/or inventory experience in a manufacturing environment. Previous work experience may be substituted for education requirement.
Proven desire to improve processes and adapts well to an ever-changing and sometimes ambiguous environment.
Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities while meeting established deadlines.
Proven written and oral communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors and customers at all levels.
Proactive in recommending positive changes in procedures and leads the agreed upon change process.
Ability to work independently and execute responsibilities in a high volume, deadline oriented environment; willingness and ability to organize, implement, and perform quality work with accuracy and attention to detail.
Analytical ability, accuracy, time management, oral and written communication skills
Full body mobility and the ability to move about in a production environment and perform the following tasks for periods of 6– 10 hours to include:
Standing, bending, squatting, stooping, pushing, pulling, climbing and twisting on an occasional basis. Lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds and pushing, pulling and/or maneuvering up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
Preferred Experience & Education:
Experience: SAP knowledge
Planning and Organizing
Attention to Detail
Strategic & Analytical Thinking#SM#TSM
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Country: United States
Req Type: Non-exempt